UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 209 Mon 10th Feb - Sun 16th Feb (Read 7482 times)

JackAus

• junky
STG: Fingers then V7 and DWS project.
LTG: V11 in a session.

M: New area..... Very short morning session. Put up 3 lines. Work late.
T: Light core session in the morning then work late.
W: Weather poo. So I cleaned up 9 new lines at new area. Easiest being about V1 up to a couple looking in the V9 area. Work late.
T: Light core session in morning then work late.
F: First day off in over a week. Went to new area. Put up 3 new lines and did 2nd ascent of another (stolen project! not happy...). Started working some of the harder stuff on the boulder. Definitely 4 lines at least V8...
S: Felt knackered from yesterday. Absolutely no skin as well. Slow morning on the stationary bike then work late.
S: Very early boulder at Lot 34. Alarm was for 0645... Working a couple new lines with a mate. Both will be about V7 with the sitter for one being about V9. For a cold day at home (on the coast) it was surprisingly hot only 20min drive away. Far too sweaty... Good progress on one line (project 1 in link) but no progress on the other (project 2). Very committing moves with a horrid landing!. Warmed down on one of my own V5's (I recently downgraded it). Work all arvo.

Weather has been abit poo this week so not optimal for DWS... Kind of glad to be away from the project though tbh. Starting to get to me, coming off at the same point every time.... Definitely need to train for that specific move, just a weird move that I don't know how to train for it!!

Fingers... Left is improving slowly but right still feels horrible. Pain even when I just bend my finger...

The new area though... Wow. It's in a creek/valley with jumbled cliff line on either side with fallen free standing boulders in the creek bed. I've explored maybe only 250-300m along the creek and did a quick measurement on Google Maps and the climbable area looks to go for about 1.2km.... So much bush bashing though...

kelvin

• forum hero
Nice life Jack... not jealous much.

Mon - Routes. f5 x 4 laps, f5 x 2 laps, 6a+ to top hold, 6c to 4th clip clean, 6b with 2 sits (1st attempt), super steep 6b to 2/3rds with a sit, 6c to 3rd clip. Stuffed.

Sat - Flight delayed, so found some open stairs and did some repeaters and maximal hangs. Got some right odd looks from adults but some little kid came and joined in eventually. He beasted me. Fingers know they've worked.

First attempt at 6c ever, so was well happy to get to the 4th clip cleanly. Next move is harsh on the bad knee but will go with practise. Just 3 clips and the chains left!
The 6a+ would have been my first but I fell as I pushed open the top draw with my thumb. I was angry. Stayed on the comp wall all night which is steep and not what I like, plus Alex sets some big strong moves for me... progress.

:)

tomtom

• forum hero
2014 totals:
Outside 6
Indoor 5
Training 8

A better week - though its hard to be much worse than the next to nothing last week was!! Looks like my back problems have disappated - to the point where it feels just like a normal achy (I've sat funny) back rather than spasm pains making me cry out... Went to Logport wall on Friday lunchtime and gave my back its sternest work out to date - and it all felt fine. Unfortunately picked up a cold on thurs/friday and really didnt fancy an hour or mores drive each way to a busy peak.. so went to Helsby in the woods and creaked around. Work and weather are really inhibiting my progress now... I seem to have shit on at awkward times mid week - meaning I can't sneak away to the crag during the day...

M:
T:
W:
Th:
Fr: Logport wall.. Good session with Galpinos :)
Sa: Sniffle
Su: Helsby int woods. Bizarrely I felt awful moving accross the easy traverses, yet moved really well on problems that normally vex me. Got 'Oliver' second go (I normally avoid/hate this problem) and came very close (three times) to re-do-ing the V7 low traverse. So, I've not lost it - its just not as effective as it was before!

Onwards and upwards!

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
STG (February): obtain or build doorway mounting rig for beastmaker.
            Turkish Get-Up w/20kg kettlebell.
MTG (Spring 2014) 7a redpoint. Two hundred practice falls by Easter - currently: 15
LTG (<= 5 years): Big alpine rock routes: Totenkirchl west face (Dülfer), Marmolada south face (Vinatzer-Messner)

M:    Knee physio exercises, shoulder mobility, tgu progressions/attempts, kettlebell conditioning 5 rounds of 15 swings, 10 goblet squats, 12 press-ups with 30 seconds rest

T: Wall, Thalkirchen. Bouldering. Quick session after work before collecting M jnr from swimming club. Successes on current  circuit: 0. Completed projects on next-harder circuit: 1. Feeling well worked afterwards, considering it was only a little over an hour session.

W: Alpine approach training. 10 x 10 stories office stairs

T: Knee exercises & kettlebells same as Monday.

F: Wall, Thalkirchen. Bouldering. Successes on current circuit: 3 bringing my total score to 20 out of 40. Days until this particular circuit is no more: also 3. Chances of completion: slim, given that there are several problems on which I can't even see how to get off the ground.
   18 minutes continuous overhanging aerocap to finish.

S-S: Snowboarding, Garmisch. Snow surprisingly ok. Tired legs because I've hardly been out this year; we've barely had a winter north of the Alps. This was a friend's birthday bash and we stayed at a DAV hut in the middle of the ski area. First time I've overnighted up the mountain whilst snowboarding: a good experience, would do it again.

stvey1987

• regular
After a couple of poor weeks things are looking up! Feel like I did some 'proper' training this week almost (almost).

Monday - Rested up (had climbed Sunday and wanted to climb Tuesday and Thursday this week).
Tuesday - Boulder central west brom after work. ~1hour spent on the steep beastmaker board then some press-ups/ dips and some 35 degree slopey pull ups. Stretching back and lower body throughout.
Wednesday - Rested.
Thursday - BC after work. ~1hour on steep BM board then tried some problems (did a couple of V5, failed on another). Finished with some press-ups.
Friday - Rested.
Saturday - Met with Bro and his family in morning at BC. Most of time spent doing easy problems with them. When they left though managed to do 2 V6's I had been trying on and off for a while :D Finished with some slopey 35 degree pull ups
Sunday - Had planned to rest today even though weather looked good on forecast....couldn't resist though! Pulled off a quick raid on Churnet. Warmed up at cottage rocks then went to try Bizarre. Managed the stand, got close to the first move from sit, I'll be back, fucking loved the problem! :D Ended week with stretching session, mostly for legs and lower back.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
11.4-6

M. PM. Burbage West. From forecast looked to be the only dry day of the week. Tee shirt temps. Better goes on WSS as weather got fresher  4 goes going for the pocket this time with one of them only 1cm short. Tall Cliff (cliffrad) showed up and did it.
T.
W.Morning. Fingery endurance sets. Massively improved PB. helped no doubt by weighing light and doing it after a rest day
T. PM Blue skies but windy. Took a chance on eatswood but was baltic in the wind Felt strong enough to do it but couldnt pull it off in those conditions. Headed home. Some sleet coming back into Sheffield. Picked Poppy up and took it her to choir then nipped out to Burbage for a cheeky half hour on WSS.
F.
S. AM. Bit hungover. Went in the morning and had Wave to myself - also did a bit on 40deg board. The Pink L2s all seemed easy but I still felt rubbish. Went back late afternoon. Quiet again. Got stuck into new green black spots on steep section. Frustrating to begin but managed to piece together top section.
S. PM Nice day Deserted at Burbage West surprisingly Several goes going for pocket on WSS and was getting pissed off. Sorted out a slight adjustment on right foot and got fingertips on jug - soo close - but went downhill after

Weight down to target at beginning of week but lapsed on food and drink front so back up a bit now - hard to stay motivated as god knows when Malham is likely to dry out. 

205Chris

• forum hero
11.4-6

M. PM. Burbage West. From forecast looked to be the only dry day of the week. Tee shirt temps. Better goes on WSS as weather got fresher  4 goes going for the pocket this time with one of them only 1cm short.

Was this from the ground or off the ladder?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
STG: full range of movement in middle fingers.
2014 goals: 20 19 E-points, 10 7th grade sport routes, 10 7th grade boulder problems

M- Rest. Nailed from indoor climbing previous day.

T- Compound strength routine- pullups, bicep curls, pushups. 10 minute rests.

W- Swimming in ludicrously highly-chlorinated pool. Felt incredibly difficult and my eyes were fucked afterwards.

T- Rest. Feeling run down. Eyes sore.

F- Rest. Still feeling run down.

S- Rest. Late lie-in.

S- Wharncliffe. Lots of soloing but tied on to lead first E1 of the year.

Took it easy this week. Felt good to do some trad today!

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
god knows when Malham is likely to dry out.

patience young jedi.

IS2

• addict
mon : Board session. Warm up doing footfishing and tic tac toe.. 20 feet latched for each Bm grip.  Good set of dynamic problems on tiny edges on 10 deg board. Sent all last week's big move problems first go... two of three hard crimp problems too.

Tues : one hand hangs on each bm  grip.... using scales to offset weight...great session.

Wed: Resting ....shoulders and antagonists.

Thurs: Flew to Costa Blanca.... fun session at Alcalali leading stuff .. good to be on sharp end on rock.

Fri: Castellet de calp.. leading stuff feeling good blew one onsight in four but felt good.

Sat: Gandia ... same again great flow on steady grades building up speed and momentum... despite heat getting tired...

Sun: Resting... chilling..

Duma

• forum hero
STG - get up to speed without reinjuring anything
MTG - keep niggles in check, run regularly, get out more. If I do any hard stuff that'll be nice too.
LTG - 8A, 68kg

M -
T -  60 min bike round woods, very wet and cold, fun in a bloody minded way...
W -
T - walk up pen y fan - vv windy, fair bit of snow. pretty.
F - 30 min bike in woods, then walk home when puncture and discover hadn't put new tube in after last time - doh!
S - TCA 90 min, working reds, ticked a couple more and progress on a few more hardish ones. then nights
S - bike round woods, 90 min. Nights.

67.5kg.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
T - walk up pen y fan - vv windy, fair bit of snow. pretty.

I thought one was supposed to walk up, and down, and up, and down, and up, and down ... wearing an 80 pound rucksack and carrying a rifle?  ;)

nik at work

• forum hero
STG - climb outside
MTG - BM silliness
LTG - something hardish at the end of the year

M - BM session, pretty good.
T - BM session, pretty good.
W - nothing, start to feel a bit uder the weather
T - nothing, still feeling a bit ropey
F - still feeling shit, go to climbing wall and do boulder league. Flash 11 of 12 problems, fail to do problem 12!
S - swimming with both boys, so mostly standing in tepid water rather than actual swimming...
S - glorious day so went to look round a castle, WTF!? Managed to sneak out for 30 mins last thing. Had a look at a route I did 10+ years ago and realise the bottom is now completely different and a fair bit harder and more sustained. Seems to have lost a large flake so currently unclimbed in it's present state. Interesting...

Not a bad week, low level illness was frustrating, not ill enough to say "yes I'm ill so I won't do anything" but ill enough to feel shitty whenever I tried to do anything. Friday was annoying, I should have got the last problem really. Sunday was the first decent day of the year, families can make life awkward... oh well at least I got out briefly. Hopefully better next week, the last couple of weeks have not been great.

T_B

• forum hero
83.2Kg

M -
T -
W - Lunch. Wave bouldering. Did 7 or 8 problems, then trying blue. Fell off penultimate move.
T - Works p.m. 27 yellows.
F - Right elbow worse than ever, but no pain in left elbow. Lunch. 50 press ups, 134 leg pulls.
S - Ill  :sick: (could still feel right elbow)
S - Ill

Thought I'd ease back into some bouldering following five weeks of mainly focussing on AeroPow. But elbow didn't like it. On the bright side, it's now just the right elbow - a shooting, nervy pain, rather than dull ache. Caused by steep, powerful bouldering (surprise, surprise). My plan had been to boulder and do some AnCap, but I need to climb more statically, so will start some AeroCap + AnCap, using the campus board to minimise aggravation. Was ill on Friday night and continue to be, hence weight loss  :sick:

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
STG - Don’t get injured; 2 sessions a week with a rope on, emphasis on endurance.
MTG - LH&F BHAG in Yosemite (7b RP this winter; E5 OS next summer)
June 2014.
LTG - LH&F BHAGs in Dolomites, Alps etc. summer 2015 and beyond.

M -
T - Building site fitness
W - Half hour hilly run
T - Fingerboard session, pull-ups
F - Westway routes: 10x3 routes to 6b+.
S - Family, DIY.
S - Portland Cuttings, with Mike Highbury. Blue sky, muddy paths and some wet bits but mostly very climbable. Warmed-up. Tried a slightly damp ‘Live By The Sword’ again with identical results to 5 weeks ago: fell off last move first go, worked the sequence a few times, couldn’t get to my highpoint, tweaked right middle PIP.

The Yosemite training is going quite well, managed about 400m in 2 hours on the auto-belay, and felt comfortable quasi-onsighting 6b/c on rock. This doesn’t translate to bouldery, crimpy 7a+ limestone of course and my fingers are definitely my weakest link at present. Off to Monsant/Margalef/Siurana in two weeks, so need to be careful about this. I am currently carrying a 3kg weight belt compared to last summer. This has to go by June.

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
  • sometimes you see things & curse, damnit no gun
weight - dropped to 80kg (horrah, the diet is working, see my lack of energy thread, lol.  The aim is to drop to 12 stone.  I'm 6 foot and 44 years old).  I didnt remember to post up last week, doh!  but my last two weeks have been largely similar. 

M - nowt, re-securing house following storms and burglary
T - core101 and climbed - not great session but as I'd climbed 3 hours each on Friday/Sat and Sun it wasnt a shock.
W - core101 and ned repeaters
T - ned repeaters
F - climbed at spider and hit a few blacks and got one and up partially on others, getting bored with their routes.
S - nowt
S - 3 hours at Craggy2 - soooo much fun, new stuff, fab.

the best thing about last week is that the wood was ordered for the woodie and is in the garage awaiting March build.  As the wife is expecting twins in May, the plan is this will maintain me until I can get back to the wall.  we'll see.   :P

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
weight - dropped to 80kg ...  The aim is to drop to 12 stone.  I'm 6 foot and 44 years old

Looks like we have similar situations. I'm 6 foot and 53 years old. Was consistently a little under 12 stone (=~75kg) when I was in my 20s and fit. I was consistently under 80kg last year but have drifted up to 82 over the winter. Training heavy  :whistle:

I'm going to get back down to about 77/78kg for this summer. 75 feels like a bit of a stretch.

(The lightest I have been in my adult life was 72kg, but that was just after a bout of dysentery in India - not a weight loss approach I would recommend)

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
S. PM Nice day Deserted at Burbage West surprisingly Several goes going for pocket on WSS and was getting pissed off. Sorted out a slight adjustment on right foot and got fingertips on jug - soo close - but went downhill after
Effort! Saw your youngest boy down the wall on Tursday and he said you'd already done it!!! Almost sent you a congratulatory text! What are you telling your kids these days?  They been beating you at chess again? :lol:

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
  • sometimes you see things & curse, damnit no gun
(The lightest I have been in my adult life was 72kg, but that was just after a bout of dysentery in India - not a weight loss approach I would recommend)

About 15 years ago I went down to 73kg and stopped there.  People started asking if I'd spent time in Auschwitz!   :o

This next week I'll be lucky to any climbing and any weight loss as I have my daughter for the rest of half term.  Treats will be on the menu!

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
M: Short BM session
T: Work
W: Short BM session, moring yoga.
T: 4x4 session @ The Edge - Forgot how hard these were at the start!
F: Nowt.
S: Nowt. Get pissed in Huddersfield.
S: Ride back from Hudds via Holme Moss in a hailstorm, almost got blown off on the way down in crosswind while clocking 57mph... Never been so terrified in my life! Got home semi-hypothermic (serves me right for not having a waterproof), spent 30 mins with the shower as hot as it would go and was still shivering! Went and had a sauna which thankfully sorted it out! Destroyed!

Not as much as I hoped and didn't get back on ET... Elbow's a bit tweaky... More rehab!

:D

Evil

• addict
STG: Power up for boulder trip end of March.

M - Cycle commute 16 miles total. Evening - 10 minute fingerboard thing plus elbow exercises
T - Cycle commute 16 miles total. Evening routes at the wall. 6a, 6a+, 6a+, 6a+(new), 6a+, 6a+(new), 6b (one from last week, got it clean this time), 6b+(new, flash), 6c+(top rope attempt, fell off in a couple of places), 7a (top rope flash much to my surprise as same route setter as the 6c+ which feels much harder. Was pumped out of my mind though).
W - Cycle commute 16 miles total. Few half hearted pull-ups in the evening.
T - Cycle commute 16 miles total. Lunchtime 5k run (28:01).
F - Ran around the park with the dog as it wouldn't stop raining - 2.7km. Bouldered after work. Got 1 move further on a problem, still stuck in the same place on another...not very productive.
S - V quick dog walk, but nothing else as was working at a competition all day.
S - 8.3 miles dog walk. Bouldering in afternoon, tried some of the comp problems from Sat, but wasn't climbing very well. Did a little training too, and then went home and fell asleep on the sofa!

Not a very energetic week. Getting more and more tired as the days went on. Blaming the weather.

Dolly

• forum hero
M Pilates
T The wave at lunchtime
W Gym core and some aerobic stuff
T Curbar for a long lantern session with Lagers. Cant quite get the sequence right for the start of Jihad after learning that it starts with both hands in the crack.
F Battered after Thursday night. I ached everywhere
S Gym for some core and some rowing
S Curbar. Warmed up then off to a packed GW pit. Stu L turned up and got a proper good sequence for the start of Jihad. I hit the crescent/sloper 3 times but couldn't finish it :(. Will do next time though. Mark and I went to find Petit Jesu - Scouse and Cofe turned up. Smart problem even though the flakes feel a bit snappy. In fact Mark did snap one off at the start, but we thought it would still be climbable. Went up to Clouded Judgement which I did first time, so quite chuffed about that. Another smart problem. I really like that bit of Curbar there's loads of good stuff there

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
STG - 13 1/2 Stone

M - Beatmaker 1/2 hour
T - Cardio 1/2 hour
W - weigh in 13st 6 3/4 YYFY. Feeling suitably light had a great bouldering session at wall, ticked a load new of V4s (their grading not mine) and managed a V5 after a fair bit of work just as energy was fading. Tweaked musle to right of right shoulder blade doing a shouldery move on it repeatedly, hope it not knackered.
T - 20 mins weights protag exercises. Shoulder feeling a bit better.
F - nowt - ate too much and had too much wine.
S - Sidetracked by watching olympics, ceilidh in evening, quite knackering, drank too much and hoffed a load of stovies.
S - Half hour walk with heavy toddler on back, lift at ski slope for lessons busted, so spent most of hour carting children to top of slope, quite knackering. 1/2 hour cardio.

Expecting weight to be up a bit from last week, shoulder is hopefully OK though.

fried

• forum hero
Monday - Tuesday - Work
Wednesday - Feeling a bit off colour but went indoors anyway, not great.
Thursday - Friday - Work and feeling ropey.
Saturday - nothing
Sunday - First real session since November. Did  (some of) the orange ciruit at Beauvais Telegraph. A little frustrating as usual since I now can't climb on real rock, but it's always like that at the beginning of the year, still the weather was perfect and the forst idyllic.

Weight 74.5kg

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
M   crutchocap. Shoulders mashed by crutching all over Bristol trying to sort out council tax
T   Gym. Antagonists + rings. Rings are awesome.
W   serious DOMS. Oops.
T      Toproping tough guy session. sketched up a couple of 6cs. Fingers felt strong!
F   Ancap repeaters. horrible session, felt physically sick after only 4 sets so sacked it off. Had a half arsed attempt at some longer duration hangs.
S      got drunk.
S      token one armers session.

Definitely need to go easier on the rings next time at the gym! Nowhere near as good as last week. Might be my imagination but my fingers definitely feel stronger than before I started fingerboarding regularly about 3 months ago, hoping that'll help with motivation for next week.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Did plenty of training this week, feeling really fit on the routes at the moment. Doing plenty of Aerocap training and it's helping me loads. I've gone from getting completely powered out and boxed half way up 6b+'s (2 months ago) to not even needing to shake out on 7a's at the wall. Bizarre but feels great!

I feel like I should have a good chance at some harder on-sights this year.

Monday: Light Aerocap - 30 minutes & 1 hour stretching

Tuesday:
Lunch Session:
12 Wide Grip Pull-Ups, 10 Dips

Off-set Pull Ups: 2 x 6 Reps 2 x 7 Reps 2 x 10 Reps

3 x 10 Hammer Curls
3 x 10 Dubbell Front Raises (10kg)
3 x 10 Hanging Leg Raises

Evening Session: Hit the Boardroom with Ally for some 4x4's.
Warm up: 5+, 6a, 6b+

4x4's - Set 1: 4 x 6b+ (Steep), Set 2: 4 x 6b (Technical), Set 3: 4 x 6b+ (Fingery), Set 4: 4 x 6b+ (Fingery)

Stretching for 1 hour

Wednesday:
Lunch Session:
12 Wide Grip Pull-ups, 10 Dips

Weighted Deadhangs (Front 3, open hand, 20mm edge)
Progressive set: 2.5kg - 10secs, 5kg -10secs, 7.5kg - 10secs
Main set: 10kg - 10 secs, 10kg - 10 secs, 12.5kg - 10 secs

Evening Session: Light Aerocap - 30 minutes

Thursday: Boardroom routes
5, 5+, 6a, 6b, 6b+, 6b+, 6b+, 6c+, 7a, 7a, 6c+ (Everything felt easy, didn't get pumped at all...?!)
Warm Down - 6 x V3/V4

Friday:
12 Wide Grip Pull-ups, 10 Dips

Weighted Deadhangs (Front 3, open hand, 20mm edge)
Progressive Set: 5kg - 10secs, 7.5kg - 10secs, 10kg - 10secs
Main Set: 3 x 12.5kg - 10secs, 15kg - 9secs (PB!)

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Ran around on the beach with the little one

Muesli

• addict
Good week
Full five days cycle commute
weight 78.3kg
Three wall sessions (MWF)
2 core/antagonist sessions (MF)
2 fingerboard repeaters sessions (Tu,Sat)

finger joint aches much reduced

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Did plenty of training this week, feeling really fit on the routes at the moment. Doing plenty of Aerocap training and it's helping me loads. I've gone from getting completely powered out and boxed half way up 6b+'s (2 months ago) to not even needing to shake out on 7a's at the wall. Bizarre but feels great!
Glad to hear it's working!!

STG - Trip to Red River Gorge 1st week of March - OS 5.13a, RP multiple 5.13's. 
MTG - 8B FA
LTG - To Bolt or Not To Be / Mandala

M - Moonboard Bouldering-3x7C+, 2x7C, 3x7B+, 5x7A, 13x6B.  Foot On Campusing 5 x 2:00min. Very Hard Session..
T - Aerocap 45min
W - Max Hangs, Foot On Campusing 5 x 2:00min. Pullup Pyramid (121 total) Very Hard Session.....
Th - Yoga at Lunch
F - Max Hangs - WU felt ok, then almost instantly felt like crap, fingers, arms and body all felt wrecked, and mentally I was exhausted.  Finally crossed the line, so sacked off workout.  Went out drinking with Brother and Sister, home late.
S - Skiied with Daughter, then very late night(5am) W/ Loads of Drinking.
S - Hungover with only 3-4 hrs of sleep.... , Ripped out Entryway and kitchen floor to prep for Tiling.

I said last week that I was walking then line, and I only had 5 more days to get through.  Well I managed 4 of the five :)  Taper time and we'll see how my body feely next week.

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Turbo 1 hour.
Tue. Board struggling with poor skin didn't do much.
Wed. Dumbbell workout before work. Home early to go to funeral. Board circuit of 6 problems after warming up 5 laps,first for with screw on footholds. Turbo 1 hour.
Thu. Turbo 1 hour.
Fri. Nothing.
Sat. Nothing out all day with the missus.
Sun. Board working projects, the repeated a few things. Bike 3 hrs 29 mins 60.50 miles.
Weight tue 11st 2 lbs down another pound.

mindfull

• menacing presence
    • Blog
Moved houses.

MO:
Endurance(routes)
5a5a5a5aVE
5b5b5bOH
5c5c5cVE
6a6aOH
6bOH
6a6aVE
5c5cOH
5b5b5bVE

TUE
Power Endurance
5b-5c-6a-6b-6c-7a

around 64kg all week because of stress.

EdGowSmith

• menacing presence
7A:    1/50
7A+:  0/40
7B:    0/30
7B+:  0/20
7C:    0/10

I've temporarily misplaced / lost my training diary and my memory is crap so not sure how accurate this'll be!

Stretching: 3/4 :(

Mon: Skin not great, manage a short board session however.
Tues: Good training session at the Bunker with Ellis. Basically showing how weak I still am! Stretches.
Wed: Slacklining and then a good evening session at the Bunker. Trying two projects: a very powerful wooden V10/11 and a slopey and dynamic V9/harder. Getting close on the easier one but haven't managed the first move on the harder one yet! Stretches.
Thurs: Head up to Dartmoor after school in the hope of completing the V6 I tried on Sunday. Alas the weather was shit again, went and sat in the car...
Fri: Head up to the Chilterns after school.
Sat: 50km hike / race. Managed some stretches in the evening.
Sun: Feeling fucked, slept all day.

It's half term now so I might actually be able to get out and climb - going Dartmoor and then Godrevy :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal