UKBouldering.com

Good news for Ocun lovers (Read 7130 times)

quejada

• player
Good news for Ocun lovers
February 11, 2014, 10:22:32 am
Hi there,
this is a post that will hopefully make all Ocun Pads lovers happy. Having not much to do at work, and being in need of a new pad, I spent hours and hours looking for a good pad to buy online, and in the end I can proudly say that I (hopefully) managed to snatch the deal of the year: Ocun Moonwalk (little bro' of the famous Dominator) for 124 euros!!  :2thumbsup: plus 24 euros delivery to Italy. That should be about 120 quid in 'real money' as you brits say.  :great:

How I did it? well, it took me a lot of headache  :-\ and a big help from GoogleTranslate: after browsing virtually all websites on the planet, I decided to go directly to the source, and managed to find a couple of Czech websites (Ocun is made in Czech Republic) that sell those pad for virtually nothing, and got in contact with them to enquiry about P&P to Italy. They both speak good english, and were quite helpfull and prompt in their replies, so in the end one of them gave me all the instructions needed to make an online order and have it delivered here where I live.
I just completed the order 5 mins ago, and hopefully in a week time I should be bouldering on my brand new Moonwalk pad. Cant't wait!!!

the site I used is this: www.ecstore.cz (all in Czech, with prices in the local currency) or the Slovakian vesion www.ecstore.sk (with prices in euros) and the guy there, Jacub I think, was quite helpful. He added an option for the delivery to an European country just for my order, and I guess he'd be happy to do it again if needed.

I'll write an update once I receive the pad to confirm that everything was ok, but I shouldn't expect any problem (famous last words..).

G

quejada

• player
#1 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
February 11, 2014, 12:26:39 pm
I forgot to mention: I was a bit surprised when I saw the pads prices go up a fiver overnight just while I was about to place the order  :-\ ; but when I contacted the guy from the website, he explained to me that they are updating all prices for the Ocun catalogue 2014 in these days (my usual luck!!), and offered to throw in a large bag of chalk for free with my order. nice...

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
February 11, 2014, 02:19:46 pm
Nice one - for those having difficulty navigating the slovenian site - they're under "Bouldermatsky" :) Superb!

quejada

• player
#3 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
February 20, 2014, 08:18:18 am
UPDATE 20/2/14:  got my Moonwalk 2 days ago, it took less than a week to arrive. It looks nice and solid, well buit and quite cool. Very think for my standards (Franklin and BD dropzone). Only time will tell if the foam is durable but as a first impression the whole pad seems a good choice.
A bit annoyed by the fact that there's no trace of the bag of chalk the guy said he would throw in to compensate for the overnight price increase of the pad while I was about to purchase it. Sent him an email but got no reply at all, the guys has disappeared  >:(  , so a bit sneaky and shifty there, in my opinion :-\ .
but still, a brand new Ocun Moonwalk for 145 euros (around 120 quid), I think I can happily call it a bargain!  :2thumbsup:

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#4 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
February 20, 2014, 09:11:36 am
I'm still waiting two bags of chalk from the website that sold me my Snap. Two years ago.

Plattsy

• forum hero
#5 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
February 20, 2014, 09:51:53 am
Only time will tell if the foam is durable

Indeed. I do wonder whether when my dominator starts to sag a little replacing the 20mm pipe lagging inserts in the foam will give it a new lease of life or not.

tomtom

• forum hero
#6 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
February 20, 2014, 10:15:26 am
Only time will tell if the foam is durable

Indeed. I do wonder whether when my dominator starts to sag a little replacing the 20mm pipe lagging inserts in the foam will give it a new lease of life or not.

I think it will!

My Dominator is a bit more flexible (ie follows the terrain below more) than when new - but still feels just as hard..

Jack.G

• regular
#7 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
October 03, 2014, 02:08:29 pm
Is it possible to split the pads on the Dominator or does the zip arrangement keep them joined together all the time ?

tomtom

• forum hero
#8 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
January 09, 2015, 09:56:30 am
Bump...

Given the other thread about moon/organic etc.. The Dominator is presently on their website for Eu175 - and if you were to wack on Eu 25 for postage (guess) then given the state of the Euro thats c.£155... good deal IMHO..

Danny

• junky
#9 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
January 10, 2015, 05:44:08 pm
Fyi, I got my dominator off sportgigant for a similarly decent price and postage was free to Northern Ireland. A few places in Britain were asking 50 notes to deliver the same, and already more expensive, pad. Worth a look.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#10 Re: Good news for Ocun lovers
January 19, 2015, 09:17:54 am
Is it possible to split the pads on the Dominator or does the zip arrangement keep them joined together all the time ?
you cant split it, just change its orientation.

best pad ive ever used

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal