UKBouldering.com

Good things come to those who...Netflix (Read 1712 times)

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
Good things come to those who...Netflix
February 04, 2014, 08:02:43 pm
Inspired by the "Have you seen any good films recently" thread, and being a recent new user of Netflix, I thought it would be a good place to recommend or veto anything you've seen.

So far I've watched and liked these sports/adventure documentaries:

180 Degrees South - a guy who was inspired by Yvonne Chuinard's (of Patagonia fame) trip to Patagonia in the 1960s. Nicely filmed and quite interesting. I wee bit hippyish in places but worth a watch.

All I Can - brilliant ski movie with no cans of over-caffeinated sugary drink company and very few helicopters!

I wasn't so sure about (Sh)Art of Flight - Travis Rice, while being a phenominal snowboarder, travels round the world on a huuuge budget powered by over-caffeinated sugary drink company with a entourage of douchebags. Hmmm... Same amazing filming and riding but it's cringey at best. The "series" is even worse...

Nature Documentaries

We've written off everything by National Geographic and The Discovery Channel. They might be good in 40 years when I have altzheimers....

What is good though, is Wild China!

Chasing Ice - not seen it yet but will do soon.

Films

Zodiac - watched it because we climbed it. Quite a good crime/cop thriller.

Heartbeats - A offbeat Quebecoise independent film. Watchable, nothing special but nice to see smaller films make it onto Netflix.

Hit me with your suggestions, or, to save cross posting, link to your review on the other thread.  :popcorn:

psychomansam

• forum hero
#1 Re: Good things come to those who...Netflix
February 04, 2014, 08:40:06 pm
House of Cards? (series)
Orange is the new black (see other thread)
Think the other half is going to get Netflix in once this round of exams passes.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:51:50 pm by psychomansam »

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
#2 Re: Good things come to those who...Netflix
February 04, 2014, 08:48:47 pm
Watched a good Bones Brigade documentary on NF the other week - took me waaaaaay back! Rodney Mullen is STILL the king (and completely nuts!)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: Good things come to those who...Netflix
February 05, 2014, 10:16:14 am
Not sure if you can access BBC nature docu stuff, but I though Wild Arabia and Earthflight series were amazing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal