UKBouldering.com

keeping it real........ ales that is! (Read 225180 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

rodma

• forum hero
Class :D

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
Tonight's sampling:

Founders Brewing Centennial IPA. Classic strong american IPA. Not like some recent UK pale ales which seem to be shit hidden by hops. Nice balance.

Fallen Brewing LocalMotive "Session IPA".  Pretty decent - not too hoppy, decent malt. Lots of flavour for a 3.9%. Would like to try it from cask.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Currently drinking a Braukatz Pale Ale, from Nesselwang in western Bavaria.

Interesting. Despite / in addition to having their own world class brewing tradition with a host of local styles, some small Bavarian breweries are experimenting with foreign styles. This is a far more extreme interpretation of the extremely dry, hoppy IPA style than any major British brewer would dare to attempt. I wouldn't drink it every day but it's fun.

SpanishJuan

• obsessive maniac
  • two dumplings short of a stew
  • punter
Really loved this the other weekend, a really good session beer

andy popp

• forum hero
#680 Re: keeping it real........ ales that is!
September 15, 2016, 11:51:23 pm
Tonight's sampling:

Founders Brewing Centennial IPA. Classic strong american IPA. Not like some recent UK pale ales which seem to be shit hidden by hops. Nice balance.

Fallen Brewing LocalMotive "Session IPA".  Pretty decent - not too hoppy, decent malt. Lots of flavour for a 3.9%. Would like to try it from cask.

I'm in hop heaven here in eastern PA - ridiculous numbers of beers to sample (and not just IPAs, though that is my default). Some of my current favourites come from Troeg Brothers, the Perpetual IPA and Hop Knife Harvest Ale especially - http://www.troegs.com

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#681 Re: keeping it real........ ales that is!
September 20, 2016, 12:22:15 pm
Well jealous Andy! Looking forward to the Liverpool Organic brewery fest at the end of the month... Managed to drag Crouchy over from Wales for the Friday evening session  :boxing:

Duma

• forum hero
This stuff is awesome

andy popp

• forum hero

Duma

• forum hero
oooooo, guess no chance of us seeing that in the uk?

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I'm currently waiting on another beerhawk delivery with great anticipation as there is a new one from the US Stone brewery to try as well as 3 bottles of the much celebrated Founders Kentucky breakfast stout. Well psyched! :dance1:

andy popp

• forum hero
oooooo, guess no chance of us seeing that in the uk?

I could probably drink a new beer every day of the year, if I wanted to. These two were very good.

SA Chris

• forum hero
US Stone brewery

The stuff in the last beerhawk crate i got at Xmas was great.

Real ale in cans Andy?

galpinos

• forum hero
Real ale in cans Andy?

Its all the rage now Chris. You'll be complaining about having your craft G&T in a jam jar next.......

SA Chris

• forum hero
I've moved beyond and get it served in a camelbak

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
You've tempted me now, just signed up for Flavourly. £20 a month for 10 beers, bargain!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Don't know if anyone else signs up to beerbods beer club. I got the plus version of the subscription for me birthday (on top of the regular) and the week 1 effort was a corker. A wheat beer meets an IPA; cloudy and smells like a classic wheat beer but with a lingering aftertaste of hops and citrus. Awesome.

It's the White IPA from Pipes brewery in Cardiff: http://www.pipesbeer.co.uk/beers.html

The packaging was quite nice too, a fancy decorated wrap of paper and a little tag to describe the beer.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
It's the White IPA from Pipes brewery in Cardiff: http://www.pipesbeer.co.uk/beers.html

Looks amazing Rich!

I was pleased to see the family brewery finally getting with the programme and bringing out some craftier ales. Owlers IPA and An American Venture Well worth a shout if you come across them.

Also had a a nice surprise with the Guinness Antwerpen Stout after having been disappointed with the Hope House 13, Rye Pale, Golden Ale and Dublin Porter (although the West Indies Porter and Foreign Export Stout are fab). Very drinkable and at 8% you only need a couple :)

andy popp

• forum hero
New release from my favourite brewery:

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
For any Leeds based people / potential visitors...had cause to make a baby feed / change pitstop in town on Sat and ended up in Tall Boys (the small / a-bit-hipstery-independant beer place in town).

Had forgotten they have a little area upstairs you can sit in, it looks out onto the arcade, it's really light and airy - and obviously you can drink any of their wares (including a few draft lines). We only swung in for a hlaf but it's somewhere I could while away an afternoon with the paper / crossword if I was ever at a loose end.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal