UKBouldering.com

keeping it real........ ales that is! (Read 225190 times)

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Was in the Cremorne yesterday and they said the next beer to go on (probs today or tomorrow) will be Pictish Brewery Blue Moon. Its beyond belief. Get down if you can. They said that when they put it on in The Sheaf it goes in 4 hours.

That is bloody dangerous beer - bitten me on many an occasion....

mark20

• junky
Bottles of Spitfire £1 in Nether Edge Sainsbury's. Stock up!

Dolly

• forum hero
Had some of this last night

Lovely light summery beer.

andy_e

• forum hero
Acorn's pints are usually bang-on, not had this one though so I'll look out for it!

csurfleet

• menacing presence

Finished off the last of a few bottles I bought of this last night. Hoppy, flowery, but different and very very drinkable. Grabbing another caseful while I'm in Wales at the weekend :)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Bear Recommender (most will want to scroll to the bottom of the page and just use it as the code and technical details will probably be boring).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Had a bottle of Goose Island IPA last night (Waitrose):

Very nice indeed. Somewhere between an English and an American IPA and would be very easy to get smashed on while not realising that it's about 6%.

csurfleet

• menacing presence
The goose island 312 wheat beer is top notch as well

Paul B

• forum hero
Apart from the various Sierra Nevada offerings I've enjoyed (Summer Fest mainly), there's been one standout beer this trip:

King Heffy from the Howe Sound brewery. It isn't available in the UK I'd imagine as they've only just broached the US. However, if you're in the area (Squamish) I'd seriously suggest sampling this (the Howe Sound Brewpub is really good too, they have samplers and a LOT of beer on tap).

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
I'm not one for any sort of novelty beers  fruit etc. however I had a bottle of Moor / Arbor Double Dark Alliance the other night (they'd got hold of it). Its a hoppy stout flavoured with coffee and I've never had anything like it before - in a good way. Also it weighs in at an eye watering 9.2%. Not sure how widely available it is as its made in Bristol by a small brewery. I'd highly recommend it.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
I'm still slightly phased by the fact that the big Sainsbury's in Leeds city centre had bottles of Daleside Blonde (one of my favourites) for £1.05 a bottle today.

I took as much as I could comfortably carry home, but there was loads left.

Duma

• forum hero
I'm not one for any sort of novelty beers  fruit etc. however I had a bottle of Moor / Arbor Double Dark Alliance the other night (they'd got hold of it). Its a hoppy stout flavoured with coffee and I've never had anything like it before - in a good way. Also it weighs in at an eye watering 9.2%. Not sure how widely available it is as its made in Bristol by a small brewery. I'd highly recommend it.

Moor are fucking brilliant. Never had anything from them I didn't love. 9.2 sounds a bit rich for my blood though! Grape and Grind on Gloucester Rd do all their bottles Corks of Cotham stock some too, not cheap mind.

underground

• forum hero
Good call. I've had some of the Arbor Freestyle Fridays and they were up there with the best. I'll look out for this one...

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop

Moor are fucking brilliant. Never had anything from them I didn't love. 9.2 sounds a bit rich for my blood though! Grape and Grind on Gloucester Rd do all their bottles Corks of Cotham stock some too, not cheap mind.

Yep this was from corks (great shop) need to check out that place on glos rd pronto. I thought it would taste v strong but it didn't no more than one bottle required though.

Have been really getting into Belgian beer lately does it need its own thread?

andy_e

• forum hero
I'm still slightly phased by the fact that the big Sainsbury's in Leeds city centre had bottles of Daleside Blonde (one of my favourites) for £1.05 a bottle today.

:o Right, off to Sainsbury's at lunch then, time to fill the back of the car...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
There's a piss up in a brewery on Friday night in the village where I'm on holiday (Inneralpbach). Brewer is an interesting guy: built all his own tanks, piping etc. using the same engineering sk1llz he also used to build a sidecar rig in which he placed 3rd at Le Mans. As passenger.  :o :bow:

Makes good beer too. Trying to figure out how I can attend with a 10 y.o. in tow.

dave

There's a piss up in a brewery on Friday night in the village where I'm on holiday (Inneralpbach).

Is this the type of place you cna show up and visit normally? I'll be in the Alpbachtal area in August, be keen to check out some local poison.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I would think so. The brewery is on the main road in Inneralpbach. If the door's open just say hello, he loves showing visitors round. If he's not in the supermarket in Alpbach also usually has his beer (sold out this week :() along with Zillertal Schwarz from the other good local small brewery.

Austria isn't Bavaria, beer wise, but there's a lot more interesting stuff than one might suspect.

Another Alpbach summer recommendation: the walk up the Gratlspitze directly above the village is a really nice half day hike. I did on Tuesday when visibilty was bad for snowboarding
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:10:46 am by Muenchener »

dave

Nice one, I'll try and check it out. I think I had some of the Zillertal beer when I was there ten years ago, good stuff.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
I was in The Flying Duck in Ilkley the other day and had a few pints of Wharfedale Blonde (brewery behind the pub)

"a straw coloured blonde session ale"

I have not tasted better

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Do they do take outs and are you bringing some back?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
didn't bring any back, but will gladly take you there if we ever take up rock climbing and find ourselves in the area

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal