UKBouldering.com

Ian Vincent - RIP (Read 37065 times)

Jacqusie

• stalker
#75 Re: Ian Vincent - RIP
February 26, 2014, 11:49:45 pm
RIP Ian, he was our teacher at Lady Manners, Bakewell for a brief spell, always seemed a nice chap and very welcoming especially to chat about climbing. Sad news.

Si

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#76 Re: Ian Vincent - RIP
February 28, 2014, 08:13:36 pm
A couple of things:

- as many of you know we always raise a decent amount of cash at the CWIF and I've decided that this year we will split the money raised between our normal charity of choice, CAC, and the British Heart Foundation in memory of Vinny. (I actually decided this at the funeral but forgot to tell anyone). So 50% of the cash that Gav chucks in the bucket for me wearing a Skunk shirt and 50% of the cash that I chuck in for Gav and Boyley cycling round the Works car park in a Mackem top will go the BHF. Plus of course a couple of grand from the raffle/collection etc.

- has anyone got any of Ian's sets on tape/CD. I reckon that playing one of them during the CWIF Qualification would be a nice touch. After all we are talking about someone who was 5th in the 1st ever climbing World Cup back in 1989.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#77 Re: Ian Vincent - RIP
February 28, 2014, 09:24:05 pm
FBSF or bubs will know where the tapes are....

Great idea dude..

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#78 Re: Ian Vincent - RIP
March 02, 2014, 10:14:11 am
Great idea Graeme, if there's a way I can put some money in a bucket at the wall between now and the CWIF let me know as won't be there on the day it don't think.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#79 Re: Ian Vincent - RIP
March 02, 2014, 04:29:56 pm
Nice one Graeme and Gav :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but I don't have any sets on tape. I can't remember recording any of our Foundry, etc party sets (though some must have been done) which seems a real shame now, but at the time it didn't seem necessary - I guess we thought we'd be doing it forever.

I know Ian recorded some practice sets at home but I'm pretty sure I don't have any of them either.

Found my faded "Rabid Records" (Ian's techno vinyl shop) t-shirt at the back of a drawer the other day  :'(

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#80 Re: Ian Vincent - RIP
March 02, 2014, 08:19:14 pm
Ian's sister, who is executor, has access to his belongings.. She would be cool to find this stuff, if it exists...

Let me know anyone if u think it's tapes / CDs or suchlike... And the timeline.., and I'll see what can be done..

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#81 Re: Ian Vincent - RIP
December 01, 2015, 11:52:59 pm
I've just discovered this great photo of Ian repeating The Cider Soak at Anstey's Cove. Nick White belaying, on what is probably the second ascent of his fine route.

The photo is from Clark Alston's Flickr page (I hope that's OK!). There's a rather poignant comment from Ian about the photo, posted not too long ago.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/21412807@N03/2077815464/

Great memories.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal