UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 203 Mon 30th - Sun 5th Jan (Read 9584 times)

rich d

• forum hero
S - de-Christmas the house
S - saw up Christmas tree (feels like work to me) . I actually manage as much as I was doing before Christmas (good) ... but it feels like incredibly hard work.

Was this your house Andy?

andy popp

• forum hero
That's the annex.

JackAus

• junky
And I'm so fucking close to the dws project... I can get to the last move nearly every attempt, even without warming up... Just amatter of time I suppose. Already at over 60 attempts, all ground up.

Good week of training! Psyched for you being so close on the project, it'll go soon for sure!

Jealous of you DWSing while we're sat in the wind and rain!
Cheers!

Why do all my best/funniest power club moments happen on Mondays? Pretty much have always climbed but PC only goes to Sundays... Damn being in the future!
Had my worst fall this morning. Mid crux on the 2nd last hard move, foot pops sending me into an uncontrollable belly flop from about 10m... Properly winded, really hurt. Abit bruised now... :D

Dolly

• forum hero
Next time Jack..

Managed to do something to my knee playing tennis last week which has reduced my activity quite a bit.

M Shed board
T
W
T Plantation. Nice day out, didnt do anything new
F
S Core and some aerobic at the gym
S A very cold eatswood. Cold enough that I couldn't feel my hands by the time I got to the end of the traverse. Next time though as a) I wont be hungover b) it will be warmer (or I wont go) c) I'll be lighter

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I couldn't feel my hands by the time I got to 4 moves from the end of the traverse.

mark

• forum abuser
I couldn't feel my hands by the time I got to 4 moves from the end of the traverse.

Meeaow!

Dolly

• forum hero
Kinell - I meant the end of the traverse before you drop down

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog

Do you have proof??  ;)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

You mean where you move across to handholds that are at a level about 4 inches lower from the crease you didn't hold.

Also there was chalk bag dab near the start. Maybe.

iain

• forum abuser
STG: Do some regular climbing and some sort of activity every day, get weight back down (too scared to weigh myself this morning but I've grown a spare tyre)
MTG: Still thinking but maybe do some dedicated redpointing this year
LTG: Still Infinite Gravity

Family death then 'festive' season sapped motivation resulting in far too little climbing and exercise in general recently. This month the goal is just to climb and get some general and climbing session fitness back, it's woeful compared to a few months ago.

Lagers, great to hear you're climbing again  :2thumbsup:

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
M- Pwr-end on Home wall, 7 x 40move circuit-3min
T- wtd pullups, core, short run
W- None
Th- Start January Sharkathon - Massive Hm Wall bouldering session, 4+ hours
F- Totally wrecked from yesterday's session, 30min ski at Lunch
S- routes at local gym, 1.5hrs. 15routes mostly in the 7b-7c range.
S- Mtn Skate ski, 2 hrs. 

tomtom

• forum hero
2014 totals:
Outside 0
Indoor 1
Training 1

Happy new year!

I've been nursing a bruised left foot - and the abrasions (friction burns through my trousers and thermals) on my right leg following my ungainly dismount from Brass Monkey last sunday... 1 week on this is how the Right leg is looking - bizzarely a load of jaundiced looking bruising..

Anyway - New year meant a trip to Ullswater - and lots of very strong wind, showers and heavy rain.. we got out into the hills for some walking - but no outdoor bouldering..  So given that and injuries:

M: Beastmaker. Decided to try assisted one armers (via a hook a rope and a dumbell) - managed 2-3 repeats each side with 10kg assist (first time - quite pleased really!)
T:
W: Not too badly hungover - more assisted one armers before heading off to the lakes
T: Walk
F: Walk
Sa: Keswick wall - not the biggest or best wall I've ever been to - but it did the job..
Su: Walk

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
My eyes!!!!!  :ohmy:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal