January Sharkathon (Read 15583 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#50 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 09:35:58 am
Last day today !

Having an easier week this week so just some AeroCap today with the weather being so awful.

Lost 5lbs since January 1st so well on way to reach my redpoint weight by the end of Feb

John Gillott

• addict
#51 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 09:48:56 am
Last day today !

Having an easier week this week so just some AeroCap today with the weather being so awful.

Lost 5lbs since January 1st so well on way to reach my redpoint weight by the end of Feb

Derailed by a bug but did it on all the other days (done a slow jog today already; might do a few pullups later). Half a stone lost. It'd be nice (but will be harder) to lose another half by Easter.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#52 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 10:10:45 am
As said above I missed a couple of days, especially when I've been fighting off a cold the last week, but still think I've managed almost 6 out 7 days. On the scales this moring at 13st 8.5, after 14st 1 on 5 Jan. Only 1.5 lb away from an "Aim for 2014" might need a stretch goal now.

Rewarded myself with my first bacon roll of the year for my efforts. Usually have 2 a week at least.

tomtom

• forum hero
#53 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 11:30:09 am
I've managed to drop from 12 stone on 2nd Jan to 11st 6lbs this morning...

I have not participated at all in the Sharkathon ;)
Just been eating and drinking less...

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#54 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 11:55:55 am
 I was 12 stone 13.5 pounds at the end of 2013. Currently 12 stone 5 pounds after massively changing diet, drinking habits, and generally exercising more. Haven't been able to do every day exercise as my job is very physical so most nights I am cream crackered. Have always got something done on days off, feeling better for it for sure. Congrats to those who have had a successful start to 2014 also!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#55 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 12:51:43 pm
Haven't been able to do every day exercise as my job is very physical

Surely your job counts as exercise then?

IS2

• addict
#56 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 01:06:47 pm
Just got in from the gym.... so that means 100% :ang:

Not lost much weight but well on track to get down to 59 kg. Aerobically feel much better and now sending some harder problems on my board. Started big volume sessions every Monday ( 280m all on steep this week!!). So all good..... Malham season hopefully not too far off, Kaly in April and mebs get a font trip in March or Feb. Not really missing going to work. ;D

Durbs

• forum hero
#57 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 02:04:08 pm
I failed miserably :(

BUT - I start a new job on 17th Feb, and it's a 10-minute walk from home, compared to the current 1hr 10min commute.
So my plan is to send the woman off to work, do T25/Insanity, shower and go to work, with fingerboard session 2 times a week on top of 2-3 times climbing.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#58 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 02:10:06 pm
Haven't been able to do every day exercise as my job is very physical

Surely your job counts as exercise then?

I was hoping Shark would let me off on that technicality  :-[

Paul B

• forum hero
#59 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 02:32:13 pm
I didn't join in with the Sharkathon (and still managed to get injured), however, as long as I don't crack tonight I've managed a dry January showing that self control is finite and is clearly replenished after new year. Roll on December.

rich d

• forum hero
#60 Re: January Sharkathon
January 31, 2014, 02:41:59 pm
As I'm old feeble and weak (very weak) I managed a minimum of 5 days a week. I've drunk twice in that time, both social events (and had one bottle of lager on a Sunday night, when I forgot I wasn't drinking and had it whilst I was cooking without thinking). Been eating a bit more healthily too. Went from 93kg to 89kg so 4kg loss in a month (but 94kg is probably the highest I've ever been). My goal is to get down to 80kg over the next few months.
After really struggling at the start I seem to have got into the rhythm of it and although only a month I think it's changed my attitude to a couple of things.
1. I'd have a couple of drinks most nights - and for the first couple of weeks it was really hard not to think "I deserve that pint/glass of wine as I've had a really crappy day. This has changed to only drinking when some sort of event is happening.
2. not drinking has made it easier to not eat as much crap.
3. I've stopped eating what other people are eating, eg Gregs for breakfast or lunch, with work colleagues. A McFiend's if I've had to take the kids for one.
4. I've also managed not to drink even if the wife's having a glass of wine, couple of beers, gin fizz, vodka mule etc etc

Reckon I'll officially become a punter this year and get up my grit 7a list, if it ever stops raining when I've got a day off.

Cheers Shark - good idea.

fried

• forum hero
#61 Re: January Sharkathon
February 01, 2014, 08:16:20 am
Walked home from work yesterday to complete Sharkathon 2014.

The most important thing for me was looking at my diet, and effectively planning my climbing session.

I cut out almost all junk food. I'm not a snacker, so this was easy. I had one Kebab + chips in January. I stopped beer for the month. I love cooking and don't buy any ready-made stuff anyway, but I made the effort to eat a bit more variety of veg/ salad.

I started having a breakfast and started making my own lunch (more to save money).

I started tring to space out my climbing sessions and make the effort to cross Paris later and do evening sessions. I normally manage to go late afternoon I was convinced I liked climbing when it's quieter, but I've found that having a few more people around to work stuff has been fun. And not as tiring as I though after work.

I restarted antagonistics and haven't had any shoulder or elbow pain for the last couple of weeks.

The exercise part was easy, living in a city I worked out that I walk about an hour a day anyway.

I'm back down to 75.3kg same as pre-Christmas but I've gone down a whole belt hole.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#62 Re: January Sharkathon
February 03, 2014, 04:55:45 pm
Done!
Every day but the 1st before the Sharkathon started :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal