UKBouldering.com

Shakin' Stevens Meltdown (Read 7721 times)

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
Shakin' Stevens Meltdown
December 22, 2013, 12:03:27 pm
After hearing Shakey's Merry Christmas Everyone every five minutes recently its got me thinking about some vague stories that I had heard about the latter part of his career. I think its generally accepted that he was fond of a drink or three however I was told once about a live TV special (possibly from Blackpool) where he was utterly legless on stage and they had to pull the plug on the whole thing. I think this was considered the last straw for the powers that be and he disappeared from the spotlight afterwards. Also I think he once got Richard Madeley in a headlock on live TV on a different programme.
Can anyone shed any light on these things? Are they total bullshit? I have had a look online and can't find much. I guess some video footage would be amazing. Maybe someone a bit older than me might remember (I'm 35) as I was just a bit too young for his heyday. My older brother was into Shakey a bit but can't remember anything.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#1 Re: Shakin' Stevens Meltdown
December 22, 2013, 12:18:11 pm

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
#2 Re: Shakin' Stevens Meltdown
December 22, 2013, 04:33:12 pm
Well that clears up the headlock incident. Any takers on the drunken tv special?

petejh

• forum hero
#3 Re: Shakin' Stevens Meltdown
December 22, 2013, 05:29:05 pm
Thought he'd done the 2nd ascent for a minute

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4 Re: Shakin' Stevens Meltdown
December 22, 2013, 05:35:49 pm
Never seen that before. Brilliant! He nearly took Status Quo out too when he was wrestling Madeley.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal