December 20, 2013, 05:54:42 pm
 :agree:

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
#26 Re: Ben Moon - Agincourt
December 21, 2013, 02:08:46 am
I took the liberty of changing the colours a touch to remove that blue tint...

No doubt this goes against all photography ethics etc etc.
I'll have to live with myself :spank:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#27 Re: Ben Moon - Agincourt
December 21, 2013, 09:00:04 am
That's one of the best climbing photo's I've seen (up there with one of Redhead on Cloggy - Margins of the Mind, and the Appointment with Death photo?).  You can have all the dramatic, inspiring landscape you like.... sometimes, what gets the juices flowing is sick 'ard power! 

Took a good photo did Ben.  Grades change, cutting edge becomes warm up, but that image means Ben will look cool as fuck, forever.  That's an immortality pure ability cannot buy.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#28 Re: Ben Moon - Agincourt
December 21, 2013, 09:54:15 am
Great photos. The first one is reversed and should be like this:

You can see as it's the previous move in the sequence (big lock off the undercut pocket) when you get the LH two finger stack and then reach RH into the good 2 finger pocket (which is when your feet come off). It's actually not that hard a move individually (the cut loose) and with decent shoes now and a bit more body tension you can probably keep your feet on. However as it's the last hard move in the sequence it's nails on the link, hence why Ben looks like he's trying so hard.

What a route, great position too stepping off the Mission ledge over the void.  :bow:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#29 Re: Ben Moon - Agincourt
December 21, 2013, 11:09:52 am
Flatmate at uni had 3 posters, the agincourt one, wolfgangs finger on a campus rung, and tony yaniro on equinox(?). All massively inspiring and these are really the only images I recall as I head to my frail dotage.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal