UKBouldering.com

Bouldering from Kendal this weekend? (Read 3662 times)

AJM

• obsessive maniac
Bouldering from Kendal this weekend?
December 13, 2013, 01:40:20 pm
Where would you go for some punter level bouldering reasonably near Kendal this weekend?

My mate fancies Bowderstone - will it either be dry in the rain Saturday or dry after the rain on Sunday?

I know near as buggerall about conditions reliability of other places nearby

I'm guessing if its windy and sunny Sunday as the met office Ambleside forecast currently pretends there might be some mountain stuff dry (or St Bees?)? Langdale boulders, badger rock and stuff?

I also know as near as buggerall about any other potential rainproof spots for Saturday - is Longridge steep enough or anything like that?

Or am I hopelessly dreaming and should make plans for a long walk or a trip to Kendal wall...?

ben

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Bouldering from Kendal this weekend?
December 13, 2013, 01:47:04 pm
Where would you go for some punter level bouldering reasonably near Kendal this weekend?

My mate fancies Bowderstone - will it either be dry in the rain Saturday or dry after the rain on Sunday?

Commenting from a fellow punter point of view I can confirm that the Bowderstone does not offer 'punter level bouldering' ! :)  although if everywhere is wet and you're not too bothered about getting up stuff then I guess it'll stay dry and give you some exercise

I guess Carrock Fell would dry reasonably quickly if the wind was in the right direction on Sunday?  Great spot if so and easy to access enroute to the BStone

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#2 Re: Bouldering from Kendal this weekend?
December 13, 2013, 01:49:34 pm
have you text biscuit?
Hes up that way and looking to climb saturday and will probably have  good idea where to go

AJM

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Bouldering from Kendal this weekend?
December 13, 2013, 02:01:22 pm
Grubes I don't know I have a UK number for him. I'll have a look. Otherwise I'll try Facebook. Good shout thanks.

Ben - punter level for me stretches to about V5 and I'm happy to try harder stuff as long as I can do moves and see progress (as opposed to that "pull on" "nope" sort of outcome) so I reckon a day's worth of fun could be had there as long as its actually dry and not waterlogged, afloat or covered in wet streaks.

Carrock fell could be wworth a shot, thanks. Near the Penrith road too iirc so not terrible to get back down south from eithe. 

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#4 Re: Bouldering from Kendal this weekend?
December 13, 2013, 02:57:00 pm
Badger Rock and Kentmere worth a punt if weather ok. Long ass trek to St Bees. Carrock will dry ok and chowder stone is worth a nod but is rather stern for the punter. I can give updated weather conditions for Carrock and the styan at any point over the weekend should you need them.

AJM

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: Bouldering from Kendal this weekend?
December 13, 2013, 03:05:47 pm
Yeah st bees is one I've always fancied but its always too far!

Cheers, might take you up on that...

tomtom

• forum hero
#6 Re: Bouldering from Kendal this weekend?
December 14, 2013, 12:04:08 am
From Kendal I would suggest first Kentmere (and Nadger rock as suggested) follwed by Langdale boulders...

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#7 Re: Bouldering from Kendal this weekend?
December 14, 2013, 11:41:25 am
It's is grim up here at Keswick today I'm afraid. The styan and Carrock are both non starters. Kendal wall looks like your best bet I'd say.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#8 Re: Bouldering from Kendal this weekend?
December 15, 2013, 08:35:33 am
Lovely looking out there this morning. I'd imagine Carrock would be grand today if a little slippery and treacherous under foot. Cobble will probably be soaking today after yesterday's down pour so I would avoid. I hate being injured,  bah humbug.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal