UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 197 18th Nov - 24th Nov (Read 8021 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
LTG: Font 7b

M: Depot session, mainly getting spanked on purples (V3-V4) that I hadn't done before!
T: HIT gym session on lunch...pretty knackering! Baked a cake in the evening.
W: Gym kettlebell session on lunch, then Depot session in eve on new Reds (V5-V7), did pretty well on them though the final moves on a lot of them are right  :furious:
T: Nowt, out for beers after work with mate
F: Hungover, out for curry at friend's place in the evening
S: Early kickoff at Cliff to watch Grubes close his Flying Arete account (well done sir) and then moved up to DWR where I proceeded to actually go backwards. Heel one from working probably 1 in 3 times to 1 in probably 50 goes! Returned home in a foul mood.
S: Otley car boot sale - made £50 selling stuff we don't need and made space in the garage for a board. Baked a cake in the evening.

abarro81

• forum hero
My first thought was that it seemed harder than powerband

:lol:  If it feels anywhere near as hard as powerband then you're doing something very wrong, even without a rubber pad.

tomtom

• forum hero
As I pulled on Seb's rubber yesterday I realised I was crossing a line

:D

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Weights, turbo 1 hr
Tue. Board worked and did a couple of new things, repeated one of last weeks problems.
Wed. Nothing.
Thu. Board. Tried a few projects, getting close on one. Dumbbell workout.
Fri. Board. Mirror session, did a couple of harder problems. So it was quite tough.
Sat. Nothing. Visiting daughter.
Sun. Board. Mirror session same as Friday but did a couple of harder versions.
I was supposed to visiting daughter for the weekend and I planned to go to Forrest rock on sat. But only went for the day, so planned to go down the Peak on sun but it pissed down.

Evil

• addict
STG - Going to Spain in January, want to be fit for wherever the sun is. Don't have a plan for exactly where yet, so difficult to set a very specific goal right now.
M/LTG - I guess outside 7a and f6c would be good goals.

Spent a long weekend in Scotland at the end of this week doing some family stuff, so lots of dog walking on the beach, and over Glen Clova, and lots of driving. Treated it as a rest.

M - cycling commute 16 miles total. 10 minute fingerboard workout (pullups, l-sits, hangs, toes-to-bar)
T - cycling commute 16 miles total. Evening climbing - 6a, 5+, 6b+, 7a (repeat of one I did a few of weeks ago, pleased I could do it again quite easily), 2 goes on a new 6c (needed 2 rests still on 2nd go, it's got a very hard middle section and I am quite bad at onsighting so the first go was terrible!), new 6b (flash), 6a+.
W - cycling commute 16 miles total. Lunchtime 5k in the park (27m50sec). 10 minute fingerboard action in the evening, plus 6 l-sit pullups.
T - cycling commute 16 miles total. Lunchtime went for a shorter run and found a park with some pullup, dip and monkey bars, so had a play on those and then ran back. Evening drove halfway to Scotland.
F - Finished drive and went to the beach. Huge dinner.
S - Walking in Glen Clova in the snow. Could smell the boulders, but didn't really have time to hunt anything out. Massive dinner.
S - Fun on the beach again. Did 50 pushups and some planks in the evening as feeling full of food. Felt very weak.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Late posting this week. Sorry to keep you all in suspense.  ;)

STG- 7A in a session, 7A+ signed this season on grit.

M- Somehow tweaked finger breaking open parcel-taped boxes at work.  :'( Planks in evening.
T- Rest
W- Rest
T- Notts Depot- usual circuit board warmup/ endurance-maintainer then got stuck into yellow (V5-V7 I think) problems. Ages since I tried any yellows here and really pleased to do about half of them with a surprising number flashes. Finger felt fine.  ;D
F- Rest
S- Curbar. Got there at 3 so had an hour on Trackside boulder as it got dark. For the first time ever I got my left hand in the second crack on Strawberries and my heel up on Trackside (the fact these problems are four grades apart does not seem to affect the fact that I make progress on each at the same rate) but it went dark and damp so decided to go back and see if I could do them on Tuesday.
S- Holmfirth- 9 problems up to 6a+: pretty much the only dryish ones on the whole crag. Nearly all were dynos so good dynamic movement training. Did some very easy problems in wet approach shoes at the cool West Nab later.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal