UKBouldering.com

Power Club Week 196 Mon 11th Nov - Sun 17th Nov (Read 10001 times)

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Old STG - Local abandoned sport routes (LASR's) until the weather quits. The weather finally quit.
New STG - Consistant training. Drop weight back to 170lbs (at 171.3 Sunday), and try to maintain 170 through the winter....
MTG - Winter training consistency, then local abandoned sport routes once weather comes back.
LTG - To Bolt or Not to Be(8b+), and Mandala(v12)

M - 1hr conditioning class with Wife, then worked on Home wall rebuild
T - Home wall rebuild
W - Assist coach the local kids climbing team, Foot On Cmapusing PE session with kids
Th - Home wall rebuild
F - New wall done.  I now have a moonboard.  Tried some of the routes shown online.  Loads of dynos, and stupid moves graded in the 6b-6C range.  Really shut down by everything.... Either having a REALLY bad day, the problems are sandbagged, or I'm a weak punter who can't actually climb hard......
S - Home conditioning workout
S - Home wall again.  Starting to learn the wall/holds better.  Able to climb many problems in the 7B/+ range and a couple of 7C's.  Still shut down on a few 6C's though.  I think they're just sandbagged. Finished putting up campus board and fingerboard at home. 

Really excited about the new home training set up.  A little bit of crap to get rid of and I've got a 12x8 42degree wall, with a 3ft vertical headwall, FB, Campus Board, rings, weights, treadmill, and kegerator. :beer2:

Plus an old climbing partner is back in town and psyched to train, so I've got a regular training partner.  If I can avoid getting hurt, next summer could be.......

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Board working problems using the new holds, did a couple that I couldn't do last week. Repeated an old problem 1st go which I tried as a bit of benchmark for the new stuff.
Tue. Nothing.
Wed. Dumbbell workout before work. 1 hr turbo session after work.
Thu. Nothing.
Fri. Board mirror session. Put on some screw on footholds.
Sat. Dumbbell workout. Bike 2hrs 50 mins, same ride last year took 3 hrs 5 mins.
Sun. Board doing old problems using new screw on footholds. Lots of cutting loose. Bike 1hr 30 mins.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
STG: Recover from finger tweak. Nearly there I think.
MTG: RP 7b (this winter);
LTG: Long routes in USA summer 2014. OS E5 (summer 2014).

73.4kg

M - Shoulder stability. Stretches.
T - Shoulder stability. Stretches.
W - Shoulder stability. Stretches. Brief foot-on fingerboard.
T - Pull-ups. Shoulder stability. Stretches.
F -
S - Hangs on beam in rented apartment.
S - Foot-on fingerboard.

Tweak improving: tolerating pull-ups and open-hand hangs on big holds.

Coughing green stuff all week and long weekend with the family in Parma so no running, ‘building site fitness’, or any other kind of fitness. You have to keep doing something though, even if it is only a tiny amount, if only to keep the habit of exercise.

Have done very little climbing for months now and I’m a bit heavy even by winter standards. Will need to take it carefully when I start again.

Muesli

• addict
Bit of an enforced lay off last week due to wall reroute and home commitments

weight stable at 80.4 kg  weekly average,

only one trip to the wall and only four days cycle commute. five days core and shoulder exercises, two finger board sessions.

This week should have more wall opportunities so will aim for four wall sessions and drop a finger-boarding. Aim for full week cycle as long as the snow doesn't intervene.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
eatswood and battering myself on the traverse. Really enjoyed this. Its proper butch though. I should really have had a look at Shark's video to see how to do it rather than wasting precious strength trying to copy Seb's lank beta. I think I've got a project.

Nice one. Put an order in for a kneepad  ;) I'm keen to do the Reverse with a view to doing a Circuit. Tommy likes it there too. Can't go this weekend but keen for regular trips after.

Ditto. Was there Saturday. Keen to return at some point.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal