UKBouldering.com

Power Club Week 192 Mon 14th Oct - Sun 20th Oct (Read 10404 times)

rich d

• forum hero
Goal boulder consistently font 7a on grit
LTG/MTG Drop weight to 80kg
Need to keep a training diary, as I have no idea what days I did what on. so that's a ST goal.
couple of days on the fingerboard and core stuff - feels like a bit of a starting point after last week. Went to Notts depot Sat AM with daughter no. 1, forgot it was BOB - thought it was weird I had to park down the road. Realised when we got there, sulked and went to Toys R Us, then pub.
Didn't manage to get to the wall on Tuesday or Wed in Glasgow as I didn't finish work until 9. So at least I've done some training, but need to get back to the rock and wall.

This week has started better, but as it's daughter no 2's birthday the weekend will be a bit restricted. So wed at Glasgow wall and possibly out to peak sunday morning depending on weather, then core, flexibility and board on the other nights.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Know how you feel, 20 weeks of training only to get ill and injured then not be able to do the crux moves and now it's raining.
I can provide a morning/afternoon belay at Raven Tor weekdays just now if you're looking for more sessions on it (and it stops raining). Colds totally flatten me, long after the visible effects are gone

Cheers, don't think I'll be out this week and I have a trip next week. See whether I can find some sort of form while away but the weather's scuppering our plans somewhat. Could be a tour of the UK's last resort wet weather venues.

Muesli

• addict
Back story
51 years old and rediscovered climbing back at the beginning of this year after a 27 year lay off. Joined the local wall, set about loosing some weight and getting stronger.

Weight now down to 81kg (from 88kg) good but needs to go further.

STG, get at least one v3 problem done before the problems on the wall are reset in mid Nov.
MTG, loose more weight and get stronger especially fingers
LTG, get more technique, get outdoors

So for last week
Two 90 min sessions at the wall, but only three out of five days cycle commute (60mins total per day).
Two finger board sessions alternating 6x 6sec repeaters with 4 sec rests on slopes with pull ups on jugs with 3mins in between for three cycles. Ball crunches  2x60 and push ups 4x20 five nights a week.

Aims for this week
Three wall sessions, five finger board sessions, full five days cycle commute (this really helps with the weight loss), push ups and crunches each night

All the best
Peter

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Welcome and good luck to you!

tomtom

• forum hero

Welcome and good luck to you!

Yup. Welcome and enjoy! After a 10 ish year lay off I'm better than ever..

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
51 years old and rediscovered climbing back at the beginning of this year after a 27 year lay off.

Good for you. It was 48 and 15 years layoff for me. Three years later I'm at my old level or a bit more and still progressing - although my old level was pretty modest.

Aims for this week
Three wall sessions, five finger board sessions, full five days cycle commute (this really helps with the weight loss), push ups and crunches each night

Sounds bit much if you're only just starting back. You need to take it carefully with the tendons at first. I got my first proper pulley tear within a few weeks of starting to train again.

fried

• forum hero
42 and 3 ish year's back here after a 15 year break. I had the same thoughts as Muenchener, your routine looks really intensive. I still find 3 sessions about maximum in a week and also pulled a tendon trying to pull on a mono a couple of year's ago. 3 month off climbing doesn't seem much in your twenties but now it just seems criminal.

I'm miles above my old level now, being a Vdif punter at the time.

Don't waste time injured. Oh, and welcome.

Muesli

• addict
Thanks all,

Yes I am very wary about the possibility of injury which is why I have stayed off the finger board until this month and  I am staying on the big holds for the time being. I had a run in with a finger pocket on the wall when I first joined back in the spring and tweaked the  A2 pulley LH middle finger. I don't want to do that again :badidea:

If my fingers complain then I will drop the board down to a couple of nights a week or leave it out altogether for the time being.

Cheers
Pete

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Good luck!
Stick at it and be careful, take your time, think long term!!!
Oh, and crush.

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
Welcome and good luck!

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Welcome Muesli! Back in the game, good luck!

kelvin

• forum hero
I'm heading out of power club for a while - priorities have changed with regard to climbing and my focus is not where it was when I started, cardio needs to make a comeback and that's not what this thread is about. Still, I managed my first E1 whilst posting in here and the trad came along well... many thanks everyone.

I hope all of your crushing continues  :)

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
All the best Kelvin!

iain

• forum abuser
All the best Kelvin!
+1, hope to see you back sometime

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal