UKBouldering.com

Fill that hole (.org) (Read 3749 times)

SamT

• forum hero
Fill that hole (.org)
October 10, 2013, 12:44:23 pm

Heard about this on the radio the other day..

www.fillthathole.org

report a pothole here to your council and they should come and fix it (yer right  :-\ )

The radio program also suggested that if a hole has been reported and subsequently causes damage/accident then they are potentially liable for it and for instance, an injured cyclist may have a claim.  Legal minefield I'm sure.

I guess in sheffield they'll just put it as part of the Streets Ahead Project, Be interesting to see which of the streets marked red in this map
https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/works-map.html
have actually had much work done on them in 2013.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Fill that hole (.org)
October 10, 2013, 01:02:24 pm
I've heard the report it and it causes damage applies to cars too.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Fill that hole (.org)
October 10, 2013, 01:37:23 pm
Be interesting to see which of the streets marked red in this map
https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/works-map.html
have actually had much work done on them in 2013.

Maltravers Road has already been done and work is ongoing in those that branch off of it.

South Road in Walkley has been done too, not so familiar with the roads that branch off of it though.

SamT

• forum hero
#3 Re: Fill that hole (.org)
October 10, 2013, 04:13:10 pm
When you say 'done'  - do you mean resurfaced.

I've noticed a lot of white line painting being done around sheff at the moment, looks nice, but the road surface under the white paint is still god awful.  Seems like a waste of money to be launching into white line painting campaign on road surfaces that are crap and long over due for a re-surface.   :wall:

Ho Hum.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4 Re: Fill that hole (.org)
October 10, 2013, 04:23:14 pm
Yes, completely resurfaced after first removing the top few inches of the old stuff.  They've had white lines and other road markings repainted on them too.

Go for a drive along either to see for yourself, the only downside is they haven't removed the fucking stupid speed humps on Maltravers Road.

It might be stupid to paint lines on roads that are to be re-surfaced but I guess the council have some sort of  legal obligation to maintain road markings between now and whenever a given road might actually be resurfaced.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#5 Re: Fill that hole (.org)
October 10, 2013, 04:31:16 pm
Abbeydale Road has been done all the way from Millhouses to Totley

fatkid2000

• junky
#6 Re: Fill that hole (.org)
October 10, 2013, 05:55:36 pm
 So can I report the whole of Sheffield ? Every road I cycle in littered with them.

On a serious note one of my patients came off due to hitting a pot hole near Don Valley resulting in femoral shaft fracture and needing a large amount of metal-work being inserted into his femur. When I last saw him he was thinking of take the council to court, I doubt he'll get anything out of the council but the cost of his hospital stay must be several thousand.

Dolly

• forum hero
#7 Re: Fill that hole (.org)
October 10, 2013, 06:00:34 pm
Abbeydale Road has been done all the way from Millhouses to Totley
I'd love to skate (board) down that. Looks as smooth as silk

fatkid2000

• junky
#8 Re: Fill that hole (.org)
October 10, 2013, 06:06:39 pm
The new abbeydale road is amazing - rode up it few weeks ago - the effort required is so much less than when it was potted holed.

Evil

• addict
#9 Re: Fill that hole (.org)
November 16, 2013, 08:42:34 pm
I've reported stuff to that site before, and maybe it wasn't to do with me, but they filled the hole about 5 days later, and it made me feel pleasingly powerful.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal