UKBouldering.com

High-Quality Computational Imaging Through Simple Lenses (Read 3270 times)

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Impressive. I can see it being used in phones pretty quickly, they already have the processing power.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Probably of no surprise that I stumbled across this on Reddit in a thread along the lines of "Google need to get this into Android NOW".

Does look promising.

Its kind of akin to what our minds do anyway the majority of the time, taking rough images that we see and filling in the gaps.

gingerninja

• menacing presence
thats some cool shit. would be good for the gopro as its photos are pretty poor when you start pixel peeping.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I don't own one, but does it not just take a screen grab from a video as the sensor will be open all the time?

gingerninja

• menacing presence
not sure tbh, it has 2 photo modes and i guess will work with an electronic shutter like compacts and photones. i think the lens is pretty simple as you cant get much glass in such a small lens i would think. who knows but they do need to sort it as the quality isnt up to much, or maybe ive got to used to looking at images off my 5d mk2 lol.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Probably of no surprise that I stumbled across this on Reddit in a thread along the lines of "Google need to get this into Android NOW".

Does look promising.

Its kind of akin to what our minds do anyway the majority of the time, taking rough images that we see and filling in the gaps.
Looks like it works in a similar way to the beta-refocusing tool that Adobe showed a few months ago. The combination of the two could make some awesome cameras with very basic but very fast lenses.

mini

• forum abuser
  • A not so
I wonder how it deals with bokeh?  :-\

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
The deconvolution method they describe doesn't increase sharpness of objects not on the focus plane, but it changes the appearance slightly. If you look at the photos in the high-resolution pdf linked above you see that out-of-focus areas don't change much

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal