UKBouldering.com

Dumby or suggestions from Edinburgh with limited time. (Read 2509 times)

i.munro

• junky
Hi Guys

I'm off to Edinburgh for work in Oct for a couple of days.
Any suggestions for a side trip to some bouldering if I can scam a day (just possibly 2 ) free?

Am I likely to get Ned related grief at Dumby mid-week during the day ?
Anyone with a better suggestion?

Thanks

Wood FT

• forum hero
For Edinburgh theres some limited bouldering (traverses etc) up on salisbury crags if you walk out towards arthurs seat, thought i'm not sure of access more recently.

i.munro

• junky
Thanks. nice place to hang out but I've pretty much done been there, done that. I lived/worked in Edinburgh briefly many years ago.
Fancied checking out somewhere that's been developed since then ( ie almost everywhere)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
There's places like Agassiz, which would be OK for an evening, but for a free day I'd either get to Dumby or you could get down to Northumberland in a similar time; Bowdens and Kyloe are probably best bet.

Unlikely to get ned trouble mid week, especially before they are released from borstal school for the afternoon.

i.munro

• junky
Thanks Chris ( if that be your name)

Neds & school? Been a long time since I was in Scotland.
Again the County's where I used to go when I lived in Edinburgh  but I'm  feeling homesick so I want to stay in god's country. I wondered about the Loch Katrine stuff
as I've a vague memory of where to look. (too far for a day ?)

punkpunk

• player
Glen Lednock or Dumby. I've never had issue with neds on week days. Katrine is also a good bet. Depends what your after. If it is grades then dumby is your choice if it's not then the other two are both good, quality rock and some nice lines to be had.  All bout an hour to hour and a half drive.
Aggasiz rock would be a last resort if you only had an hour or two, think I'd rather go to a wall though. The crags is nicer but requires a bit more imagination which isn't always what you want..

i.munro

• junky
Lednock looks good. Likely to be ok without spotter & with minimal paddage?

punkpunk

• player
Few sketchy landings but fine on the whole. Most of my sessions there are solo with a mat or two. Bit of a guide on the wiki. Can do a good circuit if that's your bag too.

rich d

• forum hero
  but I'm  feeling homesick so I want to stay in god's country.

Bit far to travel to Yorkshire I'd have thought.

i.munro

• junky
Few sketchy landings but fine on the whole. Most of my sessions there are solo with a mat or two.

Thanks. Sounds like a plan.

:dance1:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal