UKBouldering.com

Power Club Week 185 Mon 16th Aug - Sun 1 Sep (Read 7453 times)

Duma

• forum hero
S/MTG - keep niggles in check, run regularly, get out more. If I do any hard stuff that'll be nice too.
LTG - 8A, 68kg

M - Berry Head DWS - Rainbow Bridge (incl Cauldron Pitch) into Oz Wall Traverse, into White Rhino Tea (correct line this time). Amazing, fantastic experience, and done with a good group. Cod Tympani after - brilliant route through a big roof. Had vague ambitions to try Cutlass but was fucked by then so lay in the sun and swam instead. great day. Sleep good.
T - run, 6m 47min. Sleep poor.
W - Sleep ok.
T - run 6m 49min. Sleep poor.
F - Sleep ok.
S - Sleep ok.
S - Sleep good.

69kg.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:01:12 am by Duma »

iain

• forum abuser
I'm due to get hitched.

:clap2: All the best TomTom

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
STG: Welsh trad E2 in September.
MTG (2013): Frankenjura VII onsight
LTG (<= 5 years): Big alpine rock routes: Totenkirchl west face (Dülfer), Marmolada south face (Vinatzer-Messner)

Family visit in England en route to Wales.

M: Drive Calais to Leicester to visit family
T:
W: Drive Leicester to Llanberis
T: Coaching day with Calum Muskett. Grochan - seconded SS Special and Stroll On.  Slate - redpointed Goose Creature (15-plus year redpoint campaign brought to a successful conclusion, the first time I was on this route was in the mod 90s), toproped Heading The Shot. A good day, confidence building plus many useful technique and tactical tips.
F: Rest of DAV team not yet arrived. Solo walk around the quarries. Set off up California Arete, decided it was no place for a responsible middle aged parent, went back down again.
S: DAV team arrives in Wales in the afternoon. Was not totally sure about taking the team on slate for their first ever experience of Welsh rock, but it's within walking distance of the hut and nothing else is. Looning The Tube, The Burning, Just For Fun. Just For Fun, given E2 6a in the guidebook, might iirc be my first ever British 6a onsight, but it isn't a trad route by any stretch of the imagination. Nor is Goose Creature.
S: Dinas Cromlech. Team much impressed with the rock quality and lines, but it was cold and windy so we confined ourselves to a few getting-used-to-trad VS's.
Adjourned to slate in the evening, where I tried the start of the Dervish but found it too scary so did Last Tango instead.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal