UKBouldering.com

[The Sword of Damocles][E6 6b][Carn Liath, Skye] (Read 3519 times)

BAndy

• player
F.A. (solo after top-rope practice) Andrew Barker 26/05/2013.

The direct start to The Blade. A precarious and unrelenting sequence up the prow leads to the first ledge at ten metres. Mantel as directly as possible onto the second ledge and finish up the arete of The Blade. No gear until the first ledge and the landing is awful.

I fell off the start on the first try as I forgot the sequence due to being worried about the crux! The landing is stepped so ended up falling about seven feet straight onto my side on a flat rock which wasn't great (no room for pads in the car so had to make do with rope and jackets which I missed anyway). Got it the next go with a bit of grunting on the crux. Needles to say the spotter (my dad) was a little worried. Sorry Dad!

I have video footage (I hope it's good) which I'll get some help editing asap (thanks Chris).

205Chris

• forum hero
Video footage of Andy's ascent:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Your poor dad  :chair:

BAndy

• player
Your poor dad  :chair:

I did apologise quite a few times. Mind you he seemed more confident than I did until I fell off!

gardinrm

• menacing presence
What an impressive feature. Always think Dads make the best spotters, they are super eager. Especially my Dad who doesn't climb, but loves working out the 'problem' with me. The other day I came off a dyno and totally wiped him out by landing on him. He ended up about 5 metres down the slope on his back :)
Well done anyway, get's me very psyched. Going up to Torridon again soon, love it up there.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Fuck that. *burns six year old son's climbing shoes*

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I like the way he's still spotting long after he should have got well out the way. Good climbing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal