UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Stanage][Sinew Stretch Sitter][6cish] (Read 2366 times)

dave

[Peak][Stanage][Sinew Stretch Sitter][6cish]
December 10, 2013, 03:54:14 pm
Did this today whilst trying in vain to warm up. Looks like the route Sinew Stretch HVS 5c climbs this arete kind of face on, hands on either side above a poorish landing, but if climbed staying round the left side at the start above a nice grass landing aiming for the obvious line of face holds its a decent problem with a frenchstart, or as I've done here with a full sitter. Christ knows about the grade, 6c is a complete guess, I was freezing and on my own.

I also did a version using the left arete of that face (avoiding the blocks on the other side left of the crack) frenchstarting to the face holds and up, probably 6bish.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:53:24 pm by dave »

dr_botnik

• addict
  • Not actually a dr
i thought sinew stretch went on the left face of that arete a la french start? i remember the landing is a bit slopey and i slipped on my arse stepping off it. My mate flashed it with the french start, neither of us even spotted the sitter was on, bon effort.

dave

i thought sinew stretch went on the left face of that arete a la french start?

yeah it may do, that's what I did today as the standup problem.  I just thought for a route at english 5c it would probably start a bit more au cheval as there's a decent sidepull round right to get you to the rail, and as a route this looked like it would fit with HVS 5c, less bouldering more of a route, but its hard to say.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal