UKBouldering.com

John Redhead is more entertaining than Alain Robert (Read 11963 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
have we had this before?

crimp

All climbing videos should be like this.

JR - legend

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
How have I never seen this before?
Brilliant!!!

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
This is the fattening sheds and its in front of topman.....

... Synchronicity!

Absolute genius

JCorbot

Hello, thank you for posting lagerstarfich. While I enjoyed some of the climbing aspects of the video, the ‘dark clown’ show was not my cup of tea at all. And I did wonder whether he was ‘over egging’ it when climbing the cathedral. In one sense I thought he was far too alternative for my tastes, but then, it reminded me of the ‘political horseshoe’ theory where far left and far right ideologies result in the same action. Could it be that redheads ‘alternative dark clown’ is in fact so alternative it’s literally MainStream? I have heard that Doylo of this parish thinks he’s the real deal, but I disagree.
In fact the most alternative thing a climber can do these days is turn up at the crag swigging a can of Monster and smoking an Embassy number 1, before tucking into a pastie. That is surely the real deal. Redhead AkA MainStream as fuk

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
I know what you mean, bit of a reputation, but hardly original. Saw Titus Andronicus recently- he’s like that too, well regarded but full of cliches really. Wouldn't recommend the pies either.

Doylo

• forum hero
Hello, thank you for posting lagerstarfich. While I enjoyed some of the climbing aspects of the video, the ‘dark clown’ show was not my cup of tea at all. And I did wonder whether he was ‘over egging’ it when climbing the cathedral. In one sense I thought he was far too alternative for my tastes, but then, it reminded me of the ‘political horseshoe’ theory where far left and far right ideologies result in the same action. Could it be that redheads ‘alternative dark clown’ is in fact so alternative it’s literally MainStream? I have heard that Doylo of this parish thinks he’s the real deal, but I disagree.
In fact the most alternative thing a climber can do these days is turn up at the crag swigging a can of Monster and smoking an Embassy number 1, before tucking into a pastie. That is surely the real deal. Redhead AkA MainStream as fuk

Come on Dan you know Redhead is the Man.

JCorbot

I don’t know who you’re referring to Doylo but what I can say is I don’t think much to his Buff. His affected tones are disturbing, like a Blue Peter presenter. As for Titus Andronicus that guy is a fucking clone. 

Doylo

• forum hero
Dans messaged me to say you’re not Dan Dan.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Dans messaged me to say you’re not Dan Dan.

:lol:

JCorbot

This is even more weird than the last time. Doylo is clearly messing with me and this Dan person. A friend of yours teeStud?

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento

I was impresssed when a certain Mr Palmerstrong fuelled a day of RP burns on his 8b+/c project with a bag of black-pudding topped pork pies. He seemed a God amongst rice cake and hummous eating ants.  Mind you he did pull part of a hold off that day.....

JCorbot

He must be a god amongst men to afford those as climbing sustenances. The last time I procured those was to celebrate the royal wedding. £20 for a pack of five from Booths supermarket.
I try to keep my crag food quite simple: A tin of sardines in juice forked straight down after each send go, and half an apple for desert if I get the climb.

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
There is this too for more Jr quotable lines...

JCorbot

Other Johns are special too, John

Yossarian

• forum hero
There is this too for more Jr quotable lines...

I like JR - he’s pretty entertaining in the Margins of the Mind section in On Sight. I’d like to think he drinks his own piss, takes part in obscure religious rituals (usually involving animal sacrifice), and enjoys autoerotic asphyxiation. That’s basically what I think of when I hear him talking. I’d be pretty disappointed if it’s all an act and he actually plays PlayStation and binge reads Lee Child...

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
The Bells, The Clown, The Flowers of Evil, The Angle Man, The Stroke of the Fiend, The Demons of Bosch, The Cad Direct, the list goes on. The Bells was in 1980 - graded by E grades, only Yaniro’s Grand Illusion was harder at the time.

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
Who knew all those IRATA boys were doing something spiritual, I thought they were just scraping pigeon shit off. I wonder if Adam Lincoln paints?

Yossarian

• forum hero

That all around you in the everyday can seem sanitised, manipulated, pedestrian, absurd and unreal is homing into some snippet. Even staying alive is not enough. Do you find God in the holds?! In these twists and stretches, the lies take cover, the blurred push, the life-close, the creature of soul is sharp and intent…perhaps? What do we have? We sit on the shoulders of winged giants occasionally pausing to remember a fragment… not only to redress a world in crisis but to be generous with oneself – for me, ultimately to weight one's imagination against what we perceive as circumstance…

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
I wonder if Adam Lincoln paints?

Only with St Tropez!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

danm

• junky
I think a fair bit of the Redhead mystique is down to him laying it on a bit thick, I think it's to some extent a bit of an act, but no less amusing/interesting for it in my opinion. There's certainly far bigger westies out there, going unheralded.

He certainly got the joke when he turned up at Tremfest to borrow some tools to do the crag clean-up, and I with all too obvious glee told him he had to read and agree to follow the BMC safety procedures in order to partake.

Doylo

• forum hero

Doylo

• forum hero
I wonder if Adam Lincoln paints?

!

Looks like he paints his trousers .

And skin if fake tan counts as painting .

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker

And skin if fake tan counts as painting .

That was literally my joke  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal