UKBouldering.com

Amazing new 8B in Ogwen Valley from Pete Robins (Read 13004 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Whilst I don't doubt that Pete has extended the problem I did and is a good effort!! I feel i would like to point out that I did in fact start Danny La Rue from a sit start not from a hanging position as Si put in his news item

“I started from a sitting position with the left hand on the aręte and right on the lowest part of a big curing edge hold. Blah Blah" As mentioned on the North Wales Bouldering site.

I'm sure Ben F will correct me if I'm wrong. Although I am not sure if my sitting start might actually be a hanging start for most.

Once again nice one Pete.

Mick, to be fair I didn't actually state that you had done it from a "hanging position", rather:

"Danny LaRue pulls on from a crouching start half way along the jutting left edge of the Lily Savage roof"

The reason I said this is because, regardless of how it was originally done, when I went up and checked it out I realised that 99% of climbers will have to do a crouching start. I haven't gone back and changed the Danny LaRue news item because that is still correct, i.e. you did start it from sitting (you giant, long armed monster!).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal