UKBouldering.com

wanted - rock athlete TV series (Read 44196 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#125 Re: wanted - rock athlete TV series
April 02, 2013, 04:36:47 pm
Its an article from the most recent Summit.

The BMC have their finger on the pulse when it comes to the changing demographic of climbers.

SamT

• forum hero
#126 Re: wanted - rock athlete TV series
August 04, 2013, 07:46:36 pm

Just received this on Youtube...

ATTENTION
We have received copyright complaint(s) regarding material you posted, as follows:
from Chris Johnston about Body Machine - Sam Townsend
Video ID: DI5u95gMObc
Please note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos you have uploaded. Please delete any videos for which you do not own the necessary rights, and refrain from uploading infringing videos.
If you are unsure what this means, it is very important that you visit our Copyright Tips guide.
If one of your postings has been misidentified as infringing, you may submit a counter-notification. Information about this process is in our Help Center.
Please note that there may be severe legal consequences for filing a false or bad-faith notice.
For your reference, a copy of this message has been sent to you via email, and can also be located in your Account Warnings page.

Anyone had a similar notice (who've uploaded stuff).

SamT

• forum hero
#127 Re: wanted - rock athlete TV series
August 04, 2013, 10:48:54 pm

This is from you tubes copyright pages..

Anyone can issue a copyright claim on behalf of someone else.
You chose: True
Incorrect.
Only the copyright owner or an authorized representative can issue a copyright claim for their content on YouTube.

so - who is Chris Johnston - the copyright holder?

Clearly I'm not denying that copyright does not belong to me, it states at the end of the vid its RFV Eyam(Ron Fawcett Video?)

Thought it may possibly be Steep Edge peeps, but I dont think so.  Wondering if Ron actually minds it being on You Tube. Might ask him and see.  Can anyone PM me contact details.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#128 Re: wanted - rock athlete TV series
August 05, 2013, 11:37:49 am
I can't imagine Ron giving two hoots. Stuff like this seems unnecessary - is the film even available by any other means? Its not like its pregnant with as yet unrealised earning potential is it?

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#129 Re: wanted - rock athlete TV series
August 05, 2013, 12:32:26 pm
That stuff makes me angry.

SamT

• forum hero
#130 Re: wanted - rock athlete TV series
August 05, 2013, 12:38:30 pm
@ JB -

Exactly - so I wanted to speak to Ron himself and find out who owns the copyright.  Cant make it down the works during office hours (and I saw him down there yesterday prior to getting this warning - doh)

So - two potential outcomes, Ron says he still has the copyright and doesn't give two hoots that its on You Tube, thus I can tell Chris Johnston to swivel - since according to You Tubes own conditions - only the CR holder can bring a claim. 

Or

Ron says he sold the rights to RareClimbingVids.corp.us years ago, for whom Chris Johnston now works and I have to take it down off Youtube.

(OK - 3 outcomes)
Ron says he still has copyright and doesn't want it on YouTube and I take it down.

As before - can anyone PM Rons contact details (I could call in on him in Hathersage, know the street - just not the exact house number).

cofe

• forum hero
#131 Re: wanted - rock athlete TV series
August 05, 2013, 01:37:01 pm
If you call the Works now, there's a good chance he'll be there.

Nothing to do with SteepEdge btw.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#132 Re: wanted - rock athlete TV series
November 14, 2013, 06:10:02 pm
got a message saying that Fingertip Phenomenon is now available on DVD, so I've made the youtube vid unpublic

I assume they have got permission to sell it

http://www.cwideprods.co.uk/the-fingertip-phenomenon/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal