UKBouldering.com

Power Club week 152 Mon 7th Jan - Sun 13th Jan (Read 11838 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm so long, it's hard to hump my knees over the bulge!

Aiming to have another crack on Wednesday..

iain

• forum abuser
My toys would have been well out the pram.

Good luck for Wednesday  :strongbench:

andy_e

• forum hero
I'm channelling some Positive Mental Thinking (PMT) for you on Wednesday.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Once you've caught the pocket could you shift your LH along the chip slightly then throw your heel up to match?

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
STG: Stay fit, get to wall for >2 sessions a week, focus on aerobic endurance.
MTG: E5 onsight, RP 7b
LTG: LH&F goals in Switzerland, Dolomites, US

M - Biscuit Factory. 6 x 5 mins on.  Tweaky L shoulder
T -
W - Collected family from Heathrow; short run
T -
F -
S - Short run
S - Biscuit Factory. Haphazard mix of bouldering and child-minding.

Ticking over. Mostly catching up with family this week as I’d not seen them for a month and busy at work with deadlines looming. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:06:02 pm by duncan »

tomtom

• forum hero
Once you've caught the pocket could you shift your LH along the chip slightly then throw your heel up to match?

Maybe, its taking my all to get a toe on a bit lower.. Because its a hanging block there's little to push off (and I'm weak)

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Hey guys, think I'll join in, looking forward to 2013 after a good 2012 so listing my goals and training publicly should be fun.

STG: Redpoint 7b, Boulder V6 consistently
MTG: Redpoint 7c, Tick a V7
LTG: Redpoint 8a, Boulder V8

M - Rest
T - Indoor Bouldering, ticked V5/V6 project and repeated another V5, Flashed alot of V3's.
W - Rest
T - Fingerboard repeaters, personal best managed 3 sets of 4 different grip types for the first time - psyched!
F - Rest
S - Ruthin Escarpment - Ticked a F6c that I didn't used to be able to get off the ground on. Repeated a V3 that I did last January that I used to find nails did it first go and repeated it 4 times in the day. It's the start of a 7b I did all the moves on in the same session. No time for a redpoint as the little one woke up!
S - Rest

Going back to Ruthin on Sunday to redpoint the 7b, hopefully get it ticked as 7b is a goal for this year!

Recently lost 3 pounds of weight as I'm helping the girlfriend on a healthy eating plan, probably wouldn't be wise to lose much more as I weigh 149 lbs. . . Feel stronger lately though.

webbo

• forum hero
Mon.Woke up with my elbow sticking, clicking and locking. a bit like it was before I had loose bodies removed a year ago. Easy circuits Rockcity.
Tue. Turbo 50 mins mainly 5 mins on 1 min off.
Wed. Nothing.
Thurs. Home board struggled a think due to poor warm up.
Fri. Turbo 40 mins 1 min on 1 min off x 10 max efforts.
Sat. Turbo 1 hr 20 mins  25 mins 60% max hr 20 mins 70 % max hr 15 mins 80% max hr.
Sun. Anston stones. Tweaked my r/h middle finger appears to be quite swollen.

Not a great week need to lay off the climbing I think for a couple of weeks with my elbow and finger.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I think I need to get back on board with this!

STG - get climbing again
MTG - get down to 13 st (from 14st 1 ish on NYD)
LTG - redpoint something plus several other projects

M
T
W
T - went swimming at local pool - brain crunchingly dull - did mostly sprints and then rests to improve surf paddling and not doing 100% aerobic work. managed about 40 mins. Can still do 25m underwater which was nice.
F
S - swimming with little one - not a mass of exercise, but did a fair bit with him on my back, and spent a fair bit of time throwing him in the air and catching him, so better than nowt I guess.
S - got out on bike for 45 mins, in spite of blowing wind / horizontal rain / sleet / snow flurries. Mostly back roads and farm tracks, ans felt like I had a headwind in all direction. good to get out though, but sore ass the next day.

Monday am weigh in - 13 st 12 1/2  (i think mostly due to better diet and 2 units of booze for the week than exercise, but it's a start). Got bike light now, so can do midweek sessions once snow / ice melts.

Duma

• forum hero
S - Bouldering comp lunchtime - flash format, which is always a bit odd, and didn't sleep well, but pleased with my performance - only didn't do the three that were actually hard, and prob only dropped a few possible points on those. Full results not out yet, but expect 4th-6th ish which'll be a good result for me.
5th (or 7th if you count the strong young uns) - happy enough.

Dolly

• forum hero

Right I'm going to have a go at this power club lark.
Don't want any of you keen lads taking the piss out of me though ;)

Main goal I've got is to lose weight and make sure that my shoulder recovers from impingement syndrome.

M Luchtime sess at the Foundry
T Beastmaker
W Running in the cold and dark. 6.8k
T Lamping at Burbage North. Did Scouse's new problem Ropeboy and felt OK on Blind Fig
F easy lunchtime sess at the Foundry
S even colder run. 5k
S Baslow. Heroes (easy version), came close to getting the pocket on Flatworld LH and ruled out Flatworld for the time being until my shoulder recovers. Did Undercutting on the way back to the car

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Don't want any of you keen lads taking the piss out of me though ;)

Quid pro quo.

The 7B thread has inspired me to try some up-problems.

Let me know when you are heading out next.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Hey guys, think I'll join in, looking forward to 2013 after a good 2012 so listing my goals and training publicly should be fun.

:icon_welcome:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal