UKBouldering.com

Font vs V grades - Font grades making more and more sense... (Read 17350 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
and for the record....never in my fucking life have i ever heard someone call our language "speaking american". not sure if youre aware, we have huge immigration issues here, and SPEAK ENGLISH is a very commonly used phrase. :smirk:

Might be worth expanding your horizons....Comparison of American and British English

yankcranker

• god's country
  • blazed
 ::) no wonder you have 14k posts, youre not even posting relevant shit.

yep, 200+ years and a few thousand miles can certainly create different ways of communicating the same ideas

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
yep, 200+ years and a few thousand miles can certainly create different ways of communicating the same ideas

And some of those include being civil.  ;)

yankcranker

• god's country
  • blazed
 :-\

also beside the point

andy_e

• forum hero
we have huge immigration issues here, and SPEAK ENGLISH is a very commonly used phrase. :smirk:

Is this your attitude or are you just highlighting the fact?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
:-\

also beside the point

As you spend time in this forum you'll see that threads drift around a bit.

But if you're a stickler for keeping threads on topic I don't see why you bothered with the third paragraph of your first post in this thread, by your own reasoning its beside the point. :shrug:

yankcranker

• god's country
  • blazed
we have huge immigration issues here, and SPEAK ENGLISH is a very commonly used phrase. :smirk:

Is this your attitude or are you just highlighting the fact?

just pointing it out, mexicans look a lot more like native americans than guys like me do. (UK blood on both sides)

slackline - im talking shit bro. lets go offtopic. bored + stoned + got pounded by 1/2 ft of snow yesterday

american english --> both funnier and more fun, due largely in part to african americans...who have mastered it through their butchery

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography

...got pounded by 1/2 ft of snow yesterday....

you were raped by an abnormally small snow man?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Zero to -16 in one afternoon, is that a record??

fried

• forum hero
Better than a Tourette's 3-9 on gin.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
Zero to -16 in one afternoon, is that a record??

In case it isn't, get amongst it everyone.

ducko

• forum abuser
i think its down to personal preference, either way the grade on a problem is just a guideline to show the difficulties of the problem, im not fussed either way,plus you know what americans are like! they speak 'american' apparently instead of 'english' simply by changing a few spellings around, if its not american its not good enough, they most likely just wanted there own grading system being fussy buggers that they are  :ras:

youre an idiot. i suggest you do a little research into how the vermin ratings came about - then show some fucking respect. sherman is a living legend, how dare you call v ratings "fussy" when the french faggot font system has several levels for each number? lol, get real son

also, i dont think anyone from the states gives a fuck what or how the UK guys rate boulder problems - its not like we asked you to adopt the V system....several old school UK climbers likely preferred it, and so adopted it to their home crags. the system originated in hueco tanks in the 80s..didnt moffatt, moon, etc spend months and months camped out there?

and for the record....never in my fucking life have i ever heard someone call our language "speaking american". not sure if youre aware, we have huge immigration issues here, and SPEAK ENGLISH is a very commonly used phrase. :smirk:

if it wasnt for us, you wouldnt be dynoing for holds or using chalk for that matter. :kiss2:

Pipe down captain America, typical gob shite yank sperm bank

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre

Yes...

Started in about 1492, iirc...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal