UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Stanton in the woods][Chip of the same block][7B] (Read 2890 times)

Ssebo Banage

I think I may have done a new problem at Stanton in the Woods today.  It climbs the brushed line just left of Everybody's Slave.  It is slightly eliminate since it is done without the big hold that you rock onto on Everybody's Slave. 

I think it is a good problem with some lovely friction slab climbing. 

You can see the line of the problem on Vertebrates Publishing's video at around 2:37

Basically you don't used the big hold that Scouse starts with his right hand on and then rocks onto.   

Mike Gardner

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Nice one. I cleaned this up and thought it would be good. Gave it a session and then remembered I wasn't very good at slabs. Good to see it get done. The cherry on a good cake of a slab.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:09:28 am by Bonjoy »

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
"Chip of[f] the old block" might be a good name?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Here's a pic I took just after cleaning it

cofe

• forum hero
Nice one Mike. Great bit of rock that one.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Great stuff Mike, it's a smart line, I had a play on this shortly after after Bonjoy cleaned it up.  Good to see SITW still getting some action.
Nearly went back today to check it out in cooler conditions but then decided to catch some rays at Clifftop instead.  What was the green factor like in the woods generally?  Was wondering how long the cleaning efforts of the spring will last.

Ssebo Banage

Thanks people, and a special thanks to Bonjoy for cleaning it. 

The woods are quite dry at the moment and there are many clean lines with chalk on them.  I don't know when this line was originally cleaned but I didn't need to do any more cleaning.  Hopefully the new guides will keep people going and the lines clean.

The name is a deliberate variation from Chip off the old block. I think Chip of the same block, although clunkier, somehow links into the original meaning of the saying a bit better. 

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
Nice one Mike, another first accent. Dead envious!  :2thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal