UKBouldering.com

Aims for 2012 (Read 69893 times)

fried

• forum hero
#175 Re: Aims for 2012
January 03, 2013, 08:47:31 am
First the holidays have already been planned-

1. Week in peak end of May
2. Week in Font end of July (plus all the other weekend trips)
3. 1 month in Turkey should get a fair bit of time in Bafa Golu (if anyone has any info and it hasn't been bought by developers).

Continue exploring new places in Font (more of Coquibus, gorge de Houx....)

Get a few more 6As in the forest (meilleur des mondes - Bois Rond is one on the list) and try not to get shut down on so many 4C-5C problems.

6B indoors.

Mostly just stay uninjured (ish).

7A by 50.

I don't want to complain about the weather and it was nice enough to stop raining for my summer holidays but in terms of outdoor climbing it's been a bit of a disaster.

First no car and then back injury meant I missed the best of the early spring weather then it rained.....I usually manage a couple of camping trips to the forest but this year every booking was cancelled.

Nice week in the Peak, but more of a family thing.
Turkey trip cancelled because of promised new any day now flat not happening (French bureaucracy) but did get a month in the forest with a side trip to Targassonne instead.

Visited a few new places (Mont d'olivet, troglodyte...)

Didn't try anything hard outside and mostly tried to not get more injured, did some unvisited circuits (yellows/ oranges). Got shut down on lots of 4C-5C stuff as usual.

6B indoors done.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#176 Re: Aims for 2012
January 03, 2013, 11:39:15 am

1. Onsight a proper (ie not grit) E2 nope
2. Onisght a grit (or any) E3    Flashed a few on the grit, might give myself a dubious onsight for one...
3. Ground up E4 only flash
3.5 headpoint summat hard - E6? nope
4. Boulder lots more 7B's and some 7B+ 5 more assorted
5. Get a couple more 7C's done Got another one done!-and in a half hour session  - and cherry falls r.h. is 8A on ukc... shame its not true
6. Climb outside more, in all weathers sometimes
7. Go to some propper (ie multipitch) cliffs went to gogarth and tremadog, and dolomites other than that poor
8. Get some good snowy stuff done in the alps and some decent water ice - tho maybe the year after... Flights booked for canadian ice season - no winter touched in 2012 tho
9. Get a 2.1/1st
10. Just climb shit loads did well untill i got a job
11. Do some 'orrible aid/trad combos fail
12. Develop local crags that no one can ever be arsed with. lack of time=lack of keen for this one
13. Climb inside less!  probably
14. Be around more for will and not in london The reason to go to london moved to leeds :great: so i have been around for will
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:58:07 am by dunnyg »

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#177 Re: Aims for 2012
January 04, 2013, 12:02:06 pm
Bloody hell Cheque - if you're ticking Font 6c+ on lime then a Font 7a on grit is a formality surely?

Can think of a few suitable Peak classics from my past ticklist that would fit the bill...drop me a PM if you want me to send you a few candidates!

Cheers Tommy, that the kind of encouragement that normally leads me to go straight out and do something. PM on its way!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#178 Re: Aims for 2012
January 04, 2013, 12:44:22 pm
14. Be around more for will and not in london The reason to go to london moved to leeds :great: so i have been around for will

Where are you on Sunday then? QUITTER!

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
#179 Re: Aims for 2012
January 09, 2013, 02:43:26 pm
Get a first. (or at least a good 2.1) missed first by one mark
onsight 7b+/c nope
do some uk 8as not tried any
Chimes of Freedom not tried
more 7Cs, on lime and grit nope
hopefully 7C+ nope
Old-school road trip to Buoux, Verdon & Ceuse in summer/autumn. nope
Do some exciting multipitches.yes!
Do some hardish-but-safe trad without groundfall potential.Does big walling count? Didn't feel very safe but definitely not much groundfall potential
Do some daft link up projects in Cheddar.no

Try harder than last year not to get injured - no training when sleep-deprived, no dangerous routes. spent 6 months rehabbing an A2

What a total failure!  :spank:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#180 Re: Aims for 2012
January 09, 2013, 03:06:10 pm
To be fair your successes far outwiegh your fails.

You should have had

"Visit a foreign country where no-one ever goes, climb the most amazing looking rock ever, repeat a nails route and do an amazing FA"

and nothing else for the year.

iain

• forum abuser
#181 Re: Aims for 2012
January 09, 2013, 03:25:54 pm
To be fair your successes far outwiegh your fails.

:agree:

And despite saying never again you want to go back  :bow:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal