UKBouldering.com

Foam rollin' (Read 16179 times)

BobbyBear

#50 Re: Foam rollin'
February 04, 2015, 09:39:20 pm
Suffering from years of road rage /desk job posture my traps are badly knotted up. A physio nearly passed out when I told her I'd been using a golf ball. So got a ball and roller from here https://www.tptherapy.com/about/our-story about six months ago and has worked a treat. Used regular durinh warm down frees up the muscles that the stretches can't get too. £50ish all in. May sound a lot but beats £50 a go for a sports massage.

Don't get me wrong the full workout using them holds no interest, but for rehab it works well.

Paul B

• forum hero
#51 Re: Foam rollin'
February 05, 2015, 12:07:02 am
His last point does ring worryingly true (paraphrasing): "if you don't take care of yourself it WILL catch up with you"... I have thought I'm 29 now and my body responds very differently (more negatively) to training to how it did when I was in my early 20s. What in Gods name will it be like in another 10,20 etc. years?

I wish I'd ordered the foam roller when I last posted on here as my back improved but steadily seems to be declining. It seems more linked to desk-posture than climbing though (or I keep trying to believe that).

dave

#52 Re: Foam rollin'
February 05, 2015, 07:37:26 am

I have thought I'm 29 now and my body responds very differently (more negatively) to training to how it did when I was in my early 20s. What in Gods name will it be like in another 10,20 etc. years?

Given your general level of luck I wouldn't waste too much effort worrying about 20yrs in the future.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#53 Re: Foam rollin'
February 05, 2015, 08:30:50 am
I have thought I'm 29 now and my body responds very differently (more negatively) to training to how it did when I was in my early 20s. What in Gods name will it be like in another 10,20 etc. years?

Hmmm... I'm 43 now and I'm in the best shape of my life, so I wouldn't worry.
The biggest difference is that my sessions must be short, sometimes very short, but intensity haven't decreased.
Plus, with age you are cooler with the girls.

finbarrr

• obsessive maniac
#54 Re: Foam rollin'
February 05, 2015, 08:44:21 am

Hmmm... I'm 43 now and I'm in the best shape of my life, so I wouldn't worry.
The biggest difference is that my sessions must be short, sometimes very short, but intensity haven't decreased.
Plus, with age you are cooler with the girls women.

:thumbsup:

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#55 Re: Foam rollin'
February 05, 2015, 09:12:00 am
 ;D
That should tell a lot about my mental age...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal