UKBouldering.com

Artificial boulders - non-londoners please ignore (Read 1998 times)

i.munro

• junky
Took a bizarre detour on my way to work today & spotted what looked like bunch of artificial boulders from the top deck of a bus.
 A quick google told me that they're in  St Luke‘s Park and Gardens on Sydney St, Chelses.

The only mention of climbing I could find was on the borough's website where it says:

"Climbing boulders were also installed in 2010 and although available to all, this is marketed as a  ̳teen area"

So my guess is that grown-ups (sadly I'm very, very grown-up) wouldn't be allowed to play but I just wondered if anyone knew anything?

LB1782

• regular
No longer a Londoner but I used to live in Battersea but work in South Ken.

Had the odd potter on the boulders (and was pretty far from being a teen at the time) just after they went up in 2010.  Seemed to be a bit of scope for some diverting eliminates and managed a bit of ARC/aerocap/... whatever endlesss traversing is called these days.

Back in 2010 them being a "teen area" seemed to mainly consist of there being tonnes of rich Chelsea kids getting stoned/pissed on top of them in the evenings.  Before work/lunchtime sessions may be less annoying but we are obviously not talking about Dumby-ned levels of agro in any case. 

i.munro

• junky
Thanks. Sounds promising.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal