UKBouldering.com

Cool new hard dance night in Shef on Fri 13th July run by climbers! (Read 2863 times)

peakphil

:sorry: for first post.........I'm a UKC'r really lol. ;)

We're launching a cool new hard dance night in Sheffield on Fri 13th July at DQ; check this link for more info or find us on facebook.

www.bbcevents.co.uk

Cheers!!

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Good luck to you. 'BBC' $ has connotations in Sheffield doesn't it? I imagine that's a coincidence.

Stubbs

Nice, got any Weather Report?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Blades business crew or British bouldering championships.

Though the $ used to indicate a student being mugged (possibly a myth our confusion on my behalf, most probably the later).

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
I thought $ was just a tag, doubt the Blades hooligans were that focused on students.

peakphil

Good luck to you. 'BBC' $ has connotations in Sheffield doesn't it? I imagine that's a coincidence.

Thanks; first night we've done in Sheffield as I'm from Stoke (Roaches lol  ;)) and used to put on nights our way.

The BBC part is just an appreviation of our crew 'Black Box Collective.' In abbreviated form we always use it with the 'events' part to avoid any clash with a certain slightly larger corporation than ourselves!  ;)

...any similarity with anything undesireable in shef is purely coincedental and as I see quite unfortuanate.

I wasn't even aware Shef had any hooligans.....  :???: are they are throwback to the past?

Phil

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
80s/90s Sheff Utd thugs, probably middle-aged now. No longer a Sheffield resident so can't comment if still around but hooligan firms have dwindled away generally. Roaches is nearer to me as it happens.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal