UKBouldering.com

Eva Lopez Training plans (Read 214943 times)

T_B

• forum hero
#450 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 12, 2014, 09:39:45 pm

I found great improvement in changing to one arm hangs.

My issues when I've tried one arm hangs in the past has been elbows. Do you always hang straight-ish, or do you mix it up with locks? I'm quite keen to start assisted one arm hangs again, as I'm a bit bored with Repeaters. But maybe I'd be fine just doing weighted two-arm hangs, as I doubt I'll get up to more than 20Kg of added weight.  :-\

nik at work

• forum hero
#451 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 12, 2014, 10:36:53 pm
I did one arm hangs and really struggled with shoulder/body(?) stability so moved to weighted two handed hangs. I'm currently at +35kg (~60% bodyweight) which feels a little uncomfortable, but it is just a couple of heavy plates hanging off the front of my harness. I'd imagine with a better distributed weighting I could get up to close to double bodyweigth in reasonable comfort, which I'd personally prefer to one arm hanging.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#452 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 12, 2014, 11:46:08 pm
One arming with straight elbows will fry not only the elbows but also the shoulders.
I dead hang mostly with my elbow bent at around 120 degrees, and with shoulder strongly engaged as in the first part of a one armer.
Sometimes I do full locks but not with max hangs.
Also, it is crucial to find the right alignement of wrist, elbow and shoulder to one arm dead hang at max. Face on doesn't work.
Lots of fingerboarding vids on my Vimeo page...  :wavecry: :'(

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#453 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 12, 2014, 11:48:29 pm
I did one arm hangs and really struggled with shoulder/body(?) stability so moved to weighted two handed hangs. I'm currently at +35kg (~60% bodyweight) which feels a little uncomfortable, but it is just a couple of heavy plates hanging off the front of my harness. I'd imagine with a better distributed weighting I could get up to close to double bodyweigth in reasonable comfort, which I'd personally prefer to one arm hanging.
It will get exponentially more uncomfortable.
I once tried my max weighted two arms hang and was sore for days afterwards. It seemed that I had been pulled apart by two horses.
Sorry for the off topic.

mctrials23

• obsessive maniac
#454 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 13, 2014, 11:40:56 am
I think I will try moving down a bit in rung size first as setting up a pulley on my current setup isn't so easy. My plan was to get up to about 60kg added weight (~65% bodyweight) on a 12-14mm edge then start thinking about one arm hangs on larger holds.

Oh how I wish I was shorter and lighter.

jooonas

#455 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 14, 2014, 08:42:47 pm
Hi

I have been trying this first for about 6 weeks a few months ago and now started doing it again. Something that i notice is that my fingers tend to "tilt" outwards when in the half crimp. I don't have an pain or anything with it. Anyone know why this happens? Should i decrease the weight and try to get rid of it? I'm adding about 20kg on the 18mm edge. 

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#456 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 17, 2014, 11:20:22 am

Like this? quite common.

jooonas

#457 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 17, 2014, 05:18:31 pm

Like this? quite common.

More like this.

The fingers on is right hand are tilted to the right. It's about the same for me but with more weight the angle gets larger.

rodma

• forum hero
#458 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 17, 2014, 06:12:47 pm
And your pinky is dragging rather than chiselling, try chiselling more and see if that helps

mctrials23

• obsessive maniac
#459 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 17, 2014, 11:12:19 pm
The angle of your fingers in the half crimp is almost entirely dependent on the lengths of your various fingers in relation to each other I imagine.

Matt002

#460 Re: Eva Lopez Training plans
November 18, 2014, 01:33:59 pm
I found i was doing this a bit on max hangs, you get slightly more of each finger on the edge when they are angled closer to 45 degress rather than straight on, i have a natural tendancy to do this when full crimping as the thumb pushes the other fingers over a bit
Im not sure if this is a problem tho, it helps make the most of the edge your using.  I dont see an issue with this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal