UKBouldering.com

Gorges du Tarn re-bolting (Read 2488 times)

Luke

Gorges du Tarn re-bolting
June 13, 2012, 10:15:00 am
Just got back from the Tarn and it seems the re-bolting campaign is very much still in progress.

Sectors De Que Fas Aqui, Figues au Cul, Club House, Hollandaise were all fully open.

Sector Tennessee: The 3 right-most routes (rockfax and local guide) were open, the Ailes du Desir cave is open (Court Metrage to Tennessee), everything else was closed.

All of sector Le Naivre was closed, Tresor du Zebre was in progress.

When I say closed, the first few bolts were missing and there was a small 'no-entry' sign on the first bolt stub.

We didn't go anywhere other than the sectors mentioned. We did however go to Le Boffi and Gorge de la Jonte, both are excellent venues and all the routes we did were awesome.

Marky

• player
#1 Re: Gorges du Tarn re-bolting
June 13, 2012, 12:15:31 pm
We are looking to visit Tarn 1st 2 weeks in August. Did you here any info re timescales for completion?

Luke

#2 Re: Gorges du Tarn re-bolting
June 13, 2012, 06:32:45 pm
I'm afraid not, but apparently it hasn't changed much since last october so I wouldn't be too optimistic. Also, a local ex-pat in Les Vignes seemed a bit disillusioned, saying "they need to pull their finger out" or some such.

Marky

• player
#3 Re: Gorges du Tarn re-bolting
July 04, 2012, 12:02:29 pm
Any further updates available?  :please:

Ste

• player
#4 Re: Gorges du Tarn re-bolting
July 04, 2012, 04:32:24 pm
Two weeks ago the bolting was in full swing so I would imagine its all been finished now. At the time they looked to be completing a crag every 2/3 days.

Marky

• player
#5 Re: Gorges du Tarn re-bolting
July 05, 2012, 12:51:37 pm
Two weeks ago the bolting was in full swing so I would imagine its all been finished now. At the time they looked to be completing a crag every 2/3 days.

Great news!

:dance1:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:59:51 pm by Marky »

Palomides

• forum abuser
#6 Re: Gorges du Tarn re-bolting
July 24, 2012, 04:03:24 pm
All finished !

There's even a website dedicated to the area now : http://www.topo-tarn-jonte-dourbie.info/fr/ contains some news AND topos a few new routes in the Dourbie. Thanks kairn (how did I not find this before?)

Marky

• player

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal