UKBouldering.com

Welcome to the new style board - Please read... (Read 11233 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Hello people. Well, to cut a long story short, I thought that my programming time would be better spent elsewhere in the site rather than writing a forum, when there's ones like this freely available off the shelf so to speak.

I will attempt to migrate the old posts across to this board to have some sort of continuity.

Existing users will have to create an account again I'm afraid, but at least this means you can now choose your own username and password.

Mike.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 ok....
October 08, 2002, 12:20:18 am
...I've migrated the better of threads from the old board (sort of!). I'll take the old board down in a couple of days.

Have fun  :D

Anonymous

Well, that's mucho bettero

Kicks rocktalk ass now...apart from the lack of over 1000 users!

dave

Nice work - although i must admit the old one did have a certain charm. now i'm gonna get very confused since this forum, boldering.com and the steelers forum all look the same now. But the plus side i can do stuf like this: :P  8)  :lol:  :cry:  :roll:  :twisted:  :evil:  :arrow:  :mrgreen:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
ha ha! Thought you might have been the notorious D.G.P. from boldering.com.

The thing I like is the ability to link in pics, and of course the avatars which are fun.

BO!!

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
I see you found this script too then Mike! it's top ain't it.

Dug out a few piccies of bouldering in and around the uk which i'll scan in and send to you when i get back to HK.

dave

yes i was going to be "notorious" on here too but i thought that might confuse ukb people and jeopardise my cult status. I'll still be notorious one way or t'other.......

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Hi Stuart!

Yeah, only just noticed recently that you had this installed too. Sorry, we're not linking to you yet which is poor and I will sort it out tonight hopefully.

Hope you're enjoying your new software - did it all work ok?

Yes, please send any pics from your visit - did you get much else done?

I've got you on JD Slap video to put up - I'm going to mix it into the one of Luce as that finishes really nicely with him climbing into the sun....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "dave"
yes i was going to be "notorious" on here too but i thought that might confuse ukb people and jeopardise my cult status. I'll still be notorious one way or t'other.......

I really like boldering.com too. Any board that has a user called "tinkerbell's anus" is fine by me!

james

• obsessive maniac
Top new forum Mike.  I am like a kid in a candy store.  Was the weading good.  The comp was top, Stu was crankin like a deamon but Rob was the eventual winner.  Are you going to the Nottingham comp.  Do you fancy climbing anytime soon.  Ill ring you later.  
Cheers

James

P.S.   :lol:  :roll:  :oops:  8)  :(  :cry:  :wink:  :o  :)  :?  :P  :twisted:  :evil:  :x  :shock:  :D  :wink:  :lol:  :(  :?  :P  :)  :D  :shock:  :x  :twisted:  :roll:  :oops:  :cry:  :wink:    !!!WOW!!!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Cool, glad you like it James - did you do ok in the comp?? Do you mean Stu Littlefair? The boy is going well by the sounds of it.

Wedding was ok, and our night of djing the night after went well too.

Can't get out this weekend as my dad is visiting, but am going to try to get out the weekend after....and then it's Font for a weekend!

dave

Quote from: "mike"

I really like boldering.com too. Any board that has a user called "tinkerbell's anus" is fine by me!

Aye, whats yo' handle on there?
my only quarm with it is that there is precious little climbing based discussion there!!! but at least its less bollocksy than rocktalk.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I is brendonTendon, same as my old Rocktalk one, before I had it deleted due to general frustration with rt, and the desire to murder half it's users!

Don't post on boldering.com very often at all though, especially as I now don't even like the brendonTendon handle. Might even change from being mike on here, and come up with something a bit more interesting.....

dave

call yourself "mike rotch" or "dyno rod" or some other comedy name.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I'm now simply Bubba - such a cute name and it reflects my abilities as admin to whup all yo asses.

All I need now are some dungerees, a banjo and a long history of inbreeding in the family resulting in my pointed features. In fact I look much like everyone else in our village.

The Bear

keep up the good work  

:D

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Just checking that this works today. I tried yesterday, but it kept telling me that my user name was already in use?
Cheers, Simon.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Monsieur Pantontino - see the support forum for a proper explaination. Scoobydoo has been having the same problem It's coz we allow guest posters...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Well, the board's been up for a week now, and we've got 23 users, most of whom hardly post (come on, don't be shy!) which isn't bad at all. It's certainly boosted traffic to the site to the extent that we might have to move servers, but hey, that's a good thing despite emptying my wallet.

Thanks everyone  :D

underground

• forum hero
Well I second Bubba there. Of course he's storing all the contact details for his plan to gather new 'genetic content' to help him out of the swamp, but hey, each to his own doods....

Great forum, great site and an encouraging start. Let's keep it coming folks :D

Even though I do say it myself :oops:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal