UKBouldering.com

Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame. (Read 487610 times)

petejh

• forum hero
http://yorkclimbers.com/forum/topics/aving-the-crack?xg_source=activity

Saw some writing on the other channel.

Unbefuckinglievable. 'Climber in selfish act shocker'.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
That's Bhuddists for ya...

chummer

• forum abuser

"Climbing is an art,sometimes a transcendental art.It is best performed as dance,or as near dance as you can.

If you can't do the move,then become the person who CAN do the move."

That's from his UKC profile. Amazing, something not quite right upstairs me thinks.  :no:

petejh

• forum hero
"Climbing is an art,sometimes a transcendental art.It is best performed as dance,or as near dance as you can.
If you can't do the move,then become the person who CAN do the move."

'That's from his ukc profile...'

He's certainly an artist; and I guess 'becoming the person who CAN do the move' is always possible when there's crib notes written on the rock telling you which part of your body to move.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:31:45 pm by petejh »

Wood FT

• forum hero
Word is he had a walkman giving him beta on breathing in and out too

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
It's rather sad that we are up to 32 pages on this topic.   :spank:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Well I'm going to carry on making tickmarks because they are convenient to me and make the climb easier to do, plus it's too much effort to clean them off at the end of the day. I don't think other climbers or non-climbers find them visually unattractive either, because they don't bother me.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Yes. Unless you can give me clear proof that ticking up Ilkey Quarry causes access problems I cannot see what the issue is.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
The sooner climbers lose access rights to the quarry, the sooner I can crack on with my plan to seal it off with a big sheet of polycarbonate and turn it into Yorkshires biggest outdoor dolphinarium. I'm hoping to train the inmates to reenact the first aid ascent of Wellington Crack - only underwater and with real dolphins putting in the pegs.

The chalk that is on there at the moment should wash off when the quarry is flooded.

Obviously, the proposed cable car from the railway station will be very useful for lazy climbers who depend on public transport.

Everyone's a winner!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
You know, Lagers, I can't see a single downside to that plan!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
It was bollocks?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
What, you don't think Dolphins could hold a peg hammer?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
It was bollocks?

no, I'm pretty sure the chalk will come off

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
The top station for the cable car will be next to, and level with, the back of The Calf for easy access.

On the days when the dolphinarium is cleaned out, the water level in the quarry will be adjusted to allow DWS ascents of the chalk free routes.

chummer

• forum abuser
Bugger. I was hoping to turn the quarry into Yorkshires very own Rathro

tim palmer

• forum abuser
Well I suppose the guys on Wellington crack probably thought "well if it is good enough for leo houlding......."

mark s

• junky
It seems pretty obvious he like trying to wind people up.myself,I could give a fuck about the fat fake bhuddist.it sums him up that he is too wank to climb gumshoe at ramshaw,so climbed to half height and escaped up a vs.then claimed it a F.A ! I spoke more sense when I had a key load of ketamine

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
.myself,I could give a fuck about the fat fake bhuddist.it sums him up that he is too wank to climb ...

Classy diatribe. Just a tiny bit overboard.

Robl

• addict
  • A bit of an animal
was at the cliff last nite, seems to be blathered in chalk since last visit, keel boulder especially bad. almost looks like liquid chalk has been poured / brushed into holds. and a MASSIVE tick line has appeared which i couldn't scrub off with any of my brushes...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/photohm.jpg/

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
Spotted this on the other channel - there's some pretty low handholds there

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
I think it's time we stopped promoting the growth of the number of people climbing in the uk and started educating the current crop better. We haven't got enough rock for this kind of thing to start happening regularly.

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
was at the cliff last nite, seems to be blathered in chalk since last visit, keel boulder especially bad. almost looks like liquid chalk has been poured / brushed into holds. and a MASSIVE tick line has appeared which i couldn't scrub off with any of my brushes...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/photohm.jpg/

Agreed. The use of chalk has been more than excessive. It's really unnecessary and looks horrible. Some of the tick marks are feet long, I just can't understand it. Some holds have been caked in chalk. I think it may be some one who thinks that, because it's warm and sweaty, holds need to be plastered to get the best grip.

If anyone sees the person(s) plastering the place in chalk try to explain why it's not appropriate. It can be tricky pulling people up on these things as they can get very defensive. Hopefully they won't take offence and listen

Yoof

• menacing presence
Burbage bridge today. Nigh on every hold on the block left of wobble block had a small THICK finger mark of chalk on it today. Anyway I did my bit and whipped the brush out, swearing and cursing the perpetrators as I went. I got all I could off but there are some gay looking soft white lines left...  >:(

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
#798 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
September 24, 2011, 08:46:53 pm
ilkley yesterday,looks like there has been a team attempt on the new statesman,photo doesnt show how bad it looked and the extent of tick marks and the sheer amount of chalk

andy_e

• forum hero
#799 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
September 24, 2011, 10:14:17 pm
I saw that today, horrid overchalking!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal