UKBouldering.com

The Scene (Read 11562 times)

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#25 Re: The Scene
January 22, 2012, 08:25:31 pm
I think "The Scene" is quite OK.  I liked the interviews in it, especially the last ones with Sharma and Andrada.  The Indian Creek thing in the beginning was boring, but I got a psyched on New River Gorge.  I think I'll do an east coast / american south trad trip (gunks>new river>red river>t-wall) as soon as US attacks Iran and the dollar depreciate. Next fall perhaps?

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#26 Re: The Scene
January 22, 2012, 09:21:03 pm
the contemporary wads, bar a few brilliant exceptions, have nothing to say or to show axcept the ability to pull on small holds. their human nature, their "depth" never comes out.

Dave Graham came across as an interestingly mad genius in Udo Neumann's interview. But I suppose he's an old fart, last generation now and not "contemporary" any more.

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
#27 Re: The Scene
January 22, 2012, 09:24:23 pm
the contemporary wads, bar a few brilliant exceptions, have nothing to say or to show axcept the ability to pull on small holds. their human nature, their "depth" never comes out.

Dave Graham came across as an interestingly mad genius in Udo Neumann's interview. But I suppose he's an old fart, last generation now and not "contemporary" any more.

I thought his Nalle accent was quite funny and how he is always exploring was the only good interview in it really...

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#28 Re: The Scene
January 23, 2012, 04:22:51 pm

that was exactly one of the exceptions I had in mind. that was brilliant. a man out of his mind, completely possessed. his description of "Realization" will soon be tattoed in my back!!! "it's piss! it's an 8c+, then a 7b+ boulder problem, then a 7a route. it's pathetic!" or the likes...

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#29 Re: The Scene
January 23, 2012, 06:28:23 pm
"Realization" ... "it's piss! it's an 8c+, then a 7b+ boulder problem, then a 7a route. it's pathetic!" or the likes...

Let's hope Adam doesn't read ukb, or that's the end of the onsight.

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
#30 Re: The Scene
January 25, 2012, 11:30:23 pm
That is pretty funny, what does he say that in?  I don't remember it in The Scene?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#31 Re: The Scene
January 26, 2012, 07:45:30 am
That is pretty funny, what does he say that in?  I don't remember it in The Scene?

I think it might be in here somewhere....

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
#32 Re: The Scene
January 26, 2012, 10:09:17 pm
Yep, I do remember that one.  Looking forward to pictures of the tattoo...

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#33 Re: The Scene
January 27, 2012, 03:16:06 pm
it's too late to back up, innit?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal