UKBouldering.com

Where can I get a weight belt for training? (Read 3689 times)

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
Well I've sorted out my system board.  R & R Starling have sorted me out with a set of 3/4" crimps, two finger pockets, and some mingin pinches, which are set 60cm apart on my 45^ wall.  If I don't get mega strong, at least I'll have some good injuries to blame it on.

All I need now is some kidney friendly weights.  I can't find any in sports shops except for those rubbish 1kg ankle weights.  Surely one of you must know a seamstress who can knock out some cheap weight belts?  Afterall, it only needs to be a bag of sand or lead pellets with some velcro straps to go round the waist.  There must me a market for it, so come on you entrepenuers (I have no idea how you spell that) start making them.

(Or someone could just tell me somewhere I can buy one).

dave

the other week i got a set of 2 2.2kg soft (i.e. ankle/wrist) weights from decathlon - not very heavy but i just got em as a start. I can just get them round me waist on the velcro. made of some soft matieral cos as you say you don't wanna fuck your kidneys. they cost a tenner. probably going to go back and get another set to put togegether to make it heavier.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Are they not 2.2lbs = 1 kilo ?

2.2 kilo seems well heavy for ankle weights?

The ones I've got are filled with small lead shot type stuff, but sand would do it.

dave

they're deffo 2.2kg each - yes it is too heavy for ankles (unless you're geoff capes) but thinking about it they are for wrists really.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Wow, that's heavy! Might get myself some of those - I wear them to work sometimes on my ankles for good kickin' power  :D

danielb

• regular
    • http://www.danielb.org.uk
Rebok do a weighted running jacket, other than that try a dive shop as skuba divers usually use weight belts to help them sink...

Paul B

• forum hero
made myself one the other night, one of those clip thingies, some webbing, couple of 2.5Kg weights wrapped in bubble wrap and some padding taped round the webbing....

Simon S

• menacing presence
If anybody would like to see the holds T.H purchased please PM me and I will e mail you photos.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal