UKBouldering.com

Vertebrate's Peak District Bouldering wins Best Guide Book at Banff! (Read 7800 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Thanks! We found out last week but couldn't tell anyone until it was officially announced. Cofe is going to Banff to collect it, unfortunately I have work commitments that I couldn't get out of last minute so I can't go. I'm not sure, but I imagine we'll get some sort of massive silver FA cup type cup and a selection of medals.

Having won this one, I reckon were also dead certs for next year's Man Booker prize and the Nobel Literature prize. Fingers crossed for the triple.

dave

Thats a hard act for mockfax to follow.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Put Scouse's crotch on the cover, and you're going straight to the top. Nice one chaps.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE

Wipey Why

• forum hero
Congratulations Five! :2thumbsup:

jonjon

• addict
Apparently two of the judges liked Tibetan Spaniels and the other had a thing for bumshots. Cofe is going over, and has been taking French lessons all year ready for the acceptence speech. (I'm in Font, obviously, Ru is in court, again).

Fair play to Cofe, he couldn't have made that book any better than it is. Although I do have the pre-edit, Brad Pit 7c+ version.

tomtom

• forum hero
Having won this one, I reckon were also dead certs for next year's Man Booker prize...

I'm sure this only for fiction.. mind you having seen some of the grades... ;)

More seriously, great effort gents - its a great guide and richly deserved.

Though its a shitter Cofe had to go - he must be gutted. We've already seen tweets from him as to how tough the flight was...

Scouse D

• forum hero
Award winning Balls.
Mother will be so proud

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com

T_B

• forum hero

Fair play to Cofe, he couldn't have made that book any better than it is. Although I do have the pre-edit, Brad Pit 7c+ version.

Wish I had the pre-edit with Jason's Roof @ 7c  ;)

Seriously though, it's a beautifully crafted book - well deserved.

Paul T

• regular
Good work guys, defo well deserved

David S

• stalker
I'm not sure, but I imagine we'll get some sort of massive silver FA cup type cup and a selection of medals.

Nice one guys, well deserved, a lovely piece of work.

I reckon it'll be a glass sculpture of the mountains in the area. Lovely to look at but an absolute pain in the arse to bring back from Canada. Mine survived just and wrapped in tons of bubble wrap (customs loved it) but Mr G's.......

Anyway, once again well done. :clap2:

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
Well done lads. Well well deserved.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Well done lads. Well well deserved.

Well done yourself on getting your guide shortlisted. It's a shame we both entered guides in the same year as both Cofe and I would have liked your book to win. You guide is excellent and even more impressive for having been produced without the backing of a professional guidebook publisher and without having had a first edition to learn from.

fried

• forum hero
Nice work people. Even for a first time visitor the book is superb. Inspiring photos.

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
good stuff ya'll involved  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal