UKBouldering.com

a diffeent finger injury (Read 2658 times)

clm

• forum hero
a diffeent finger injury
March 14, 2004, 05:00:57 pm
read the posts on t'other finger thread.  It mentions tendon strain and how to recover.
It doesnt say what to do if there is a big fuck off POP!!!  :shock: when youre bearing down at pex.
it hurts when you do the on hand on top of another on the table thing.  Just in between middle knuckle and base of hand.  just done it so had ice on it but what next?  worried i might be facing a long lay off. :cry:
c

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 a diffeent finger injury
March 14, 2004, 05:07:06 pm
That doesn't sound good at all - you probably want to get it checked out by a professional.

clm

• forum hero
#2 second opinion
March 15, 2004, 06:05:27 pm
rght. been to the GP.  She said there was nothing damaged but i'm not convinced - she didnt hear the pop and it still feels weak. i need a second opinion.  there must be a hard cranking hand surgeon out there somewhere.  
and she said keep it moving whereas ive been taping it to toby tall to support it.
help!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3 a diffeent finger injury
March 15, 2004, 10:23:08 pm
uve just done your tendon. stop bein soft. try doin the same thing at bristol wall, then goin to france for 3 wks wi a fortnite when u get bak til your finals. startin up a 7 pitch route then havin to hand over hand on the rope cos u cant hold a hold, blood pourin out of palms b4 half way up first pitch. when i were a lad... little tommys not the man his father was... etc

seriously, just sounds like tendon. rest it for about a month/6 wks, don't tape up. massage your finger in wk to start gettin rid of scar tissue. it wil hurt but life is pain... i alternated the hot n cold treatment twice a day as wel.  :cry:
thats wot i did, took about 2mths but like i said i went climbin(?) for 3 wks when i did it.
good job u got your proj done.  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal