UKBouldering.com

Blue Scar - New Access Arrangements (Read 5129 times)

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
Blue Scar - New Access Arrangements
July 13, 2011, 10:24:43 am
This post from Dave Musgrove on the other channel almost passed me by. It doesn't look like the details on the BMC website have been updated as yet though.

The bird nesting restrictions at Blue Scar will be lifted from this weekend but the landowner has insisted on new access arrangements being in place from the start of the season this year.

From now on permission will only be given to those who apply in writing in advance. The landowner has issued the following statement:

... 'With effect from the 1st July 2011 permissive access arrangements have changed and access is only with written permission obtained in advance. Proof of current BMC membership will be required. Application forms from sundial@globalnet.co.uk'....

The owner has agreed that once obtained, permission will last for a season.
Parking and other details will be included on an information sheet available with the application form.

The landowner states that his permission was always conditional on BMC membership (for insurance / liability reasons) but from now on proof of membership will be required. The new arrangements come about because of the problems caused last year by congestion around the farm by parked vehicles. New parking arrangements will be detailed in the information leaflet.

The BMC Regional Access database will be changed from Monday to reflect this.

uptown

• junky
Sad news but I guess it might control the number of selfish climbers who head there.

Paul B

• forum hero
Sad news but I guess it might control the number of selfish climbers who head there.

Yes but I'd imagine there's a very high chance of someone not playing by the rules (sadly).

Steve Crowe

• menacing presence
  • Using knees since 1974
    • www.climbonline.co.uk
Negotiations are still on going but the landowner is away until 16th! If you do go to Blue Scar please park well away from his gates, particularly if you don't want your car dragged out of the way by the farmers  tractor!

T_B

• forum hero
Negotiations are still on going but the landowner is away until 16th! If you do go to Blue Scar please park well away from his gates, particularly if you don't want your car dragged out of the way by the farmers  tractor!

Steady on Steve. I'm not sure that's right, implying that the landowner is being an awkward b*gger or has it in for climbers. I don't know what you've heard, but let's say I've heard the story 3rd hand from a source close to the landowner. Certainly any climbers visiting should be friendly to Patrick rather than being stand offish or assuming he's a git. Or they could leave their quickdraws in place on the shiny new bolts and see what happens  :P (... you need to check another other thread to get that  ;))

chummer

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Blue Scar - New Access Arrangements
August 19, 2011, 05:31:50 pm
Wanting to go to Blue Scar next weekend, does anyone know how long it takes to obtain permission?

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#6 Re: Blue Scar - New Access Arrangements
August 19, 2011, 05:43:38 pm
I assume all members of your party are fully paid up BMC foot-soldiers?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal