UKBouldering.com

Pembroke Route Reccomendations (Read 5157 times)

chillax

• forum abuser
Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 09:50:39 am
Heading over to Pembroke this evening for the weekend. Anyone have some route reccomendations in the E3 to first E4 range around Trevallan/Govans area? Howling Gale and The Fascist and Me have been suggested already. I've done a few E3's and looking to hop on a good safe E4 to start out at the grade. Any suggestions appreciated....

Marky

• player
#1 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 12:08:06 pm
Trevellan Pillar E4 6a at Trevelan is highly recommended and pretty safe
Tangerine Dream at St Govans E46a is very good and safe
Both brilliant routes - enjoy  :great:
Body Language E46a at St Govans East is very good and has a bouldery safe start

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 12:15:16 pm
Rising Tide E4 to right of the arrow is a little gem, just make sure to back the peg up.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 12:32:13 pm
If you haven't been before, it's like Ailladie with crowds.

chillax

• forum abuser
#4 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 12:47:21 pm
Cheers for the suggestions lads, keep em comin  :) The GF is keen for Trevallan Pillar though, so I'll leave that one to her  :P

Chris, I was there a couple of times in 2009 but I was pretty rubbish and couldn't do anything. Hopefully this time will go better. One of the abiding memories is walking past a packed saddle head with at least three different teams shouting at each other to try and figure out which one of them was on Sea Mist! :-P But you're right, its like Ailladie just bigger and with more/bigger holds. Hopefully it won't be as nippy as the Burren was 2 weeks ago either!

chummer

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 01:30:58 pm
Don't be tempted by 'Sunlover' E3 at Trevellan, with all it's hype I thought it wasn't that good with a polished awkward start to boot..

Do be tempted by 'Brave New World' E3/4 a Littlejohn ubberclassic at St Govans East and for super steep juggy action in a superb position get on 'No Man's Land' E4 at St Govans, it's ridiculous!

Thought 'Rising Tide' was a bit of a vague line to follow to be honest...

Ohhhh, an early trad hit to Pembroke, in the early spring sunshine, another hour of day light....I'm not at all envious! Have a great trip. :clap2:

SA Chris

• forum hero
#6 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 01:40:18 pm

Ohhhh, an early trad hit to Pembroke, in the early spring sunshine, another hour of day light....
....lockins at the pub, getting up late, sampling Ma Weston's extensive menu, and hitting the crags by about midday. Them's the days.

Paul B

• forum hero
#7 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 01:44:18 pm
Bloody Sunday?

At E3
Stargate (Mother Careys)
Zeppelin (Ditto)

All incredible. There should be a list somewhere from a thread I started last year although it maybe topped out where you're kicking off?

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#8 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 03:18:15 pm
I thought Passion (E4 6a) on St Govan's was a great route, although it is a bit close to the recent rockfall.

If you can, get in the Leap - got to be one of the best cliffs in Wales.

Paul B

• forum hero
#9 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 03:37:47 pm
sampling Ma Weston's extensive menu, and hitting the crags by about midday. Them's the days.

I wonder if she puts the word 'Jailbait' on the Staff Wanted notice, last year it was shamefully bad.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#10 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 04:50:47 pm
I have no idea what you mean ;)

chummer

• forum abuser
#11 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 04:53:51 pm

Ohhhh, an early trad hit to Pembroke, in the early spring sunshine, another hour of day light....
....lockins at the pub, getting up late, sampling Ma Weston's extensive menu, and hitting the crags by about midday. Them's the days.

:lol:

chummer

• forum abuser
#12 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 04:56:20 pm
Bloody Sunday?

At E3
Stargate (Mother Careys)
Zeppelin (Ditto)

All incredible. There should be a list somewhere from a thread I started last year although it maybe topped out where you're kicking off?
:goodidea: Zeppelin is outrageous, guarrenteed to make you grin from ear to ear! And 'Rock Idol' to warm up, since when was an E1 so overhung?  :clap2:

chillax

• forum abuser
#13 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 05:01:54 pm
Cheers all. About to leave work to hit the ferry.......well psyched! Don't know about the leap monsieur Panton, it scares the crap out of me!

sampling Ma Weston's extensive menu, and hitting the crags by about midday. Them's the days.

I wonder if she puts the word 'Jailbait' on the Staff Wanted notice, last year it was shamefully bad.

I do seem to recall the Mrs Weston's girls' "uniform" of pastel t-shirts and denim mini-skirts....

Paul B

• forum hero
#14 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 05:30:10 pm
Cheers all. About to leave work to hit the ferry.......well psyched! Don't know about the leap monsieur Panton, it scares the crap out of me!

It looks a lot smaller when you're down there, honest. The routes with "Undergrowth" in them aren't 'wonderful', the Monster face however was a fun introduction to leaping.

JacobJacob

• player
#15 Re: Pembroke Route Reccomendations
March 18, 2011, 05:53:48 pm
I can vouch for both Test Case and Space Cadet at St Govans being amazing at E3... so jealous!

Also Get Some In is E5 but is safe as houses and amazing (as long as you don't drop all your wires half way up like me  :o)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal