UKBouldering.com

GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live (Read 6174 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
March 09, 2011, 11:31:09 am
Your overlords have been busy.

We recently got together with the Managers of the GB Climbing and Bouldering teams who were putting together a new and funkier Team site. The upshot is that we have developed an associated discussion forum site devoted to all aspects of indoor climbing. This is a commercial site and like UKB will have some banner advertising with 10% of profits going back to supporting the teams  :goodidea: .

Today both sites are co-launched. It would be great if you joined in.  :thumbsup:

GBIC is for anyone who has an interest in indoor climbing from casual users, kids just starting out (and their parents) to wall owners, route setters, and the members and managers of the British team.

GBIC is on the same software platform as UKB so the way it works, and to some extent looks, will be familar to UKB members.  We haven't defined the moderation policy yet but the content has to be appropriate viewing for under 16's so will be more restrictive than UKB in some respects so please bear that in mind when posting.

We hope it will be a success but that depends on its popularity. If you would like to get involved and post on the new site, which we hope you will, then as a UKB member you will be able to log in straight away exactly as you do for UKB.

Spread the word.

See you there.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:34:36 am by ukb »

Soap

• regular
#1 Re: GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
March 09, 2011, 01:14:30 pm
Awesome stuff

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2 Re: GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
March 10, 2011, 08:07:26 am
Great front page photo. I don't like the dark red so much, it's a bit.....bloody. Maybe something more relaxed? Some visual link to pretty climbing holds could be good...

Good luck with it. Although...

Quote from: Fiend
Indoor Walls...only good for practicing in whilst it rained.

;)

(Although I have been to the indoor wall in the photo on a couple of sunny days, cos it's THAT good)

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
March 10, 2011, 12:26:48 pm
The team site however is extremely cluttered!

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
#4 Re: GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
March 10, 2011, 10:23:46 pm
Have to agree with Paul - top effort getting the content together but very cluttered  :sorry:

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#5 Re: GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
March 10, 2011, 10:28:53 pm
I'll let Tim know about the Team site - it's his first website so I'm sure he will take it OK and make improvements. Him and Alastair have taken this on themselves and done it all free-of-charge BTW.

RAK Punter

• Trusted Users
  • regular
#6 Re: GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
March 14, 2011, 09:03:15 am
Good luck with the new venture

heelhookofglory

• menacing presence
    • SPC
#7 Re: GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
March 19, 2011, 08:46:11 pm
The team site is a great idea but it does need designing properly. I'm a professional designer with nearly 14 years under my belt, I'm more than happy to do this for you, free of charge (as long as you cover hosting costs), as I'd like to see it looking a bit more professional (no offence meant, just being honest).

Email me if you're interested.

Steve

Tommy

• junky
#8 Re: GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
April 06, 2011, 11:11:56 pm
Hey Steve, if you're keen to give some time to helping the team website, I'd give Rob Adie at the BMC and email..... I know they have Tim Waterhouse doing some stuff at the moment, but I'm sure more willing hands on board will help!!!

Rob would love to hear from you I'm sure - rob@thebmc.co.uk

Tom

heelhookofglory

• menacing presence
    • SPC
#9 Re: GBIndoorClimbing.com is now live
May 16, 2011, 01:01:52 pm
Thanks Tommy, will send Rob an email.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal