UKBouldering.com

Power pulls & weight attatchment. (Read 3767 times)

dmitri

• player
Power pulls & weight attatchment.
February 09, 2004, 12:11:57 pm
Whats the best way to attatch weights for doin few pulls at a maximum weight.

Is usin a harness best? or fill a rucksacks with weight? ne other ideas?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Power pulls & weight attatchment.
February 09, 2004, 12:18:20 pm
Padded harness belt, and hang the weights in front of you using tape. Make sure you avoid bollock-lash by using the right length of tape  :shock:

Rucksack would interfere with the actions of your shoulders, etc and would be really uncomfortable.

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#2 Power pulls & weight attatchment.
February 09, 2004, 12:43:22 pm
I personally use a rucksack, but Bubba's right it does interfere, and I have to rest the sack on something in between sets because it does hurt like f*ck.  But I like it better than having weight swinging around by my feet, so I guess it's a preference thing.

Mark Croxall uses an old life jacket filled with sand, and it obvioulsy works for him.

Maybe there's a profit to be made in this.

dave

#3 Power pulls & weight attatchment.
February 09, 2004, 02:00:06 pm
when i did weighted deadhangs i wore a harness with the iron weights threaded on a sling on a screwgate into the belay loop on the harness - works fine and youcan change the weight easily, but if you were doinf something where you're moving around like real climbing you'd probably want a divers weight belt.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Power pulls & weight attatchment.
February 09, 2004, 02:07:12 pm
Or make your own like Percy's belt in the Edge woodie. Just get a barbell plate and tape it to a belt - use so much tape that it ends up being padded.

dave

#5 Power pulls & weight attatchment.
February 09, 2004, 02:10:45 pm
that one fell to bits in the end though. and it hurt if you fell onto it right on your cocsix (sp?).

paulh

• regular
#6 Power pulls & weight attatchment.
February 09, 2004, 06:04:53 pm
I use a rucksack - it doesn't feel like it gets in the way too much ... but maybe thats cos I havent got enough extra weight in it  :roll:  ...

What sort of weights are you guys using?

I weigh 9st 11 and I'm doing 8 sets of single reps with an extra of 8.5kg on the smallest edge on my metolius fingerboard so thats first joint only

I cant do 2 with 8.5 kg but maybe I could single reps with a little more weight ...

what do you reckon

i need to get STRONG :twisted:

moroneyk

• http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~moroneyk/quarry/
#7 Power pulls & weight attatchment.
March 07, 2004, 08:41:41 pm
Try going to a diving shop and buying a lead weight belt (the indoor pool ones). It shoud work out at about 20-30 pounds with 1 stone of lead weights.
The belt is just worn around the waist and is comfortable, well balanced and doesn't get in the way  :D

Kevin

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal