UKBouldering.com

Spammers - please report (Read 3182 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Spammers - please report
January 05, 2011, 02:00:57 pm

We have recently been getting quite a few spam posts - not much can be done about these as they are not bots but real users paid to spam links on forums to improve Google pagerank, etc.

Please don't reply to these post as it's just playing into their hands. Don't even reply "spam" or link a picture of a tin of spam.

All you need to do is ignore them and report them to the moderation team using the "report to moderator" link that appears at the bottom of every post.

Once we get them the posts will be deleted and the user banned/deleted.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Spammers - please report
January 05, 2011, 02:10:19 pm
All you need to do is ignore them and report them to the moderation team using the "report to moderator" link that appears at the bottom of every post.

I'm being blind/dumb and can't see this, there is the "Logged" link on the bottom right, and under individuals profiles and PM icons under the users avatar on the left, but can't see any "report to moderator" link (searching for the text on a page doesn't match anything) not obvious button.

Its now there to the left of the "Logged" link, good work keeping the forum software up-to-date Bubba.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:24:46 pm by slack---line »

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: Spammers - please report
January 05, 2011, 02:28:29 pm

You weren't going blind, the "report to moderator" functionality wasn't set for all sub-forums.

I've changed it now so that it is - cheers for spotting the error.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Re: Spammers - please report
January 05, 2011, 02:32:14 pm
You mean I shouldn't tell them to Fuck Off?  :( That's the main way I get wad points.

cofe

• forum hero
#4 Re: Spammers - please report
January 05, 2011, 02:41:04 pm
Might be worth not banning/blocking all of them? For example, Sloper's not that bad, is he?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal