UKBouldering.com

Axes out at Millstone?!?!?! (Read 100743 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#25 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 11:03:35 am
Best watch out in Scotland  :thumbsdown:

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#26 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 11:07:10 am
Just put a thread up on ukc bout someone dry tooling in anglezarke, wonder if its the same pilock??

granticus

• forum abuser
#27 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 11:10:09 am
Got trapped on top of the deliverence boulder after climbing up in the dark and not being able to see the holds to get back down, had to ab off, using Duncan as a convienient anchor on the other side of the boulder.

A bit stanage centric, but life is great.
:wank:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#28 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 11:13:46 am
Best watch out in Scotland  :thumbsdown:

Might be the cock who has been dry tooling in Glen Nevis.

north_country_boy

• junky
#29 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 11:16:57 am
"Calum Nicoll - 19 - is a student doing physics in London. He bounces very well, has climbed XS and has been featured on BBC News for his climbing. He tried to solo the West Face of the Dru for his first alpine route, failed but survived, and has since spent several seasons in Chamonix, climbing numerous new routes. He once killed a deer with his bare hands, then spent the rest of the year eating it. "

I think its easy to draw a conclusion what kind of character this t**t is, after reading that....

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#30 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 11:20:27 am
His partner in crime.

Struan Chisholm - 18 - is a student at Cambridge, doing History. He's a survival expert and will supply the expedition with as much fish as he can catch in the canoe he built out of sticks. He climbs only in big boots, recently managing an E1 onsight solo (Monolith Slab) in the rain. He spent last summer living in a cave in the alps and climbing hard.

Andrew B

• regular
#31 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 11:42:08 am
When I first opened that thread I expected a unanimous consensus that doing this is completely wrong and there would be no arguement. Not quite the case it seems...

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#32 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 11:50:11 am
Just put a thread up on ukc bout someone dry tooling in anglezarke, wonder if its the same pilock??

If it's not this moron, there are definitely some other south lancs dry toolers who should know better.

The very nature of crags like Anglezarke and Denham mean that the rock is pretty friable especially in winter. I've pulled holds off at both crags without a bloody ice axe!

This sort of behaviour should be left to established winter venues.

jonny2vests

#33 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 12:02:21 pm
When I first opened that thread I expected a unanimous consensus that doing this is completely wrong and there would be no arguement. Not quite the case it seems...

Tell me about it.  Its astounding.

dave

#34 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 12:04:12 pm
"Calum Nicoll - 19 - is a student doing physics in London. He bounces very well, has climbed XS and has been featured on BBC News for his climbing. He tried to solo the West Face of the Dru for his first alpine route, failed but survived, and has since spent several seasons in Chamonix, climbing numerous new routes. He once killed a deer with his bare hands, then spent the rest of the year eating it. "

I think its easy to draw a conclusion what kind of character this t**t is, after reading that....

His partner in crime.

Struan Chisholm - 18 - is a student at Cambridge, doing History. He's a survival expert and will supply the expedition with as much fish as he can catch in the canoe he built out of sticks. He climbs only in big boots, recently managing an E1 onsight solo (Monolith Slab) in the rain. He spent last summer living in a cave in the alps and climbing hard.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#35 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 12:13:33 pm
The very nature of crags like Anglezarke and Denham mean that the rock is pretty friable especially in winter. I've pulled holds off at both crags without a bloody ice axe!

Millstone's not immune either, my friend pulled a hold off of Bond Street earlier this year (should have been jamming, but there).

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#36 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 01:06:27 pm

Tell me about it.  Its astounding.

Well the main culprit is not the brightest of tacks.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#37 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 01:19:15 pm

Millstone's not immune either, my friend pulled a hold off of Bond Street earlier this year (should have been jamming, but there).

I was seriously fucked off with the damage at Denham, yeah it's a bit of a Lancs venue but it's next to home and I like it.
To morons:  If I catch any of you fuckers dry tooling there I'm going to go up top and throw sheep at you until you cry.

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
#38 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 01:32:03 pm

I was seriously fucked off with the damage at Denham, yeah it's a bit of a Lancs venue but it's next to home and I like it.
To morons:  If I catch any of you fuckers dry tooling there I'm going to go up top and throw sheep at you until you cry.

I'd say that would be cruel to the sheep but they are hardened Lancastrian sheep, so i think they can handle it.

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#39 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 01:35:38 pm
Just seen this on UKC   :jaw:   :wank:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=436389

Looking at the various threats of violence on that thread I imagine M*ck must be right now typing an email to his site's sponsors encouraging them to withdraw their sponsorship?
Sorry T&S.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#40 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 01:43:27 pm

:goodidea: :agree: Give me a shout, I'd be up for some sheep throwing.

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
#41 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 02:01:52 pm
http://www.lorenzgames.com/game/sheep-toss

Get some practice in before you go.

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#42 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 04:03:09 pm
I'd much rather throw rocks, big rocks.

robertostallioni

• forum hero

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#44 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 04:35:00 pm

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#45 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 04:35:57 pm

Brilliant!

The more I hear and the more I see about this Callum the more of a bell end he becomes!

I still can't believe he actually thought it was ok to rock up to Millstone and start smashing about with his axes, what a tool!  :furious:

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#46 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 04:38:50 pm

:goodidea: :agree: Give me a shout, I'd be up for some sheep throwing.

Me too.... im force feeding them breeze blocks as we speak.

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
#47 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 04:40:48 pm
Ill call past on the way home from work and give you a hand.

mark s

• junky
#48 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 04:56:49 pm
what amazes me just as much as the the pair of cunts dry tooling.is on ukc some of the equally idiotic views on the ethics of it all. :furious:

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#49 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 06, 2010, 04:59:36 pm
Franco Cookson seems to think it's ok, he's a bell end as well though

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal