UKBouldering.com

Axes out at Millstone?!?!?! (Read 100785 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
#100 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 07:50:41 pm
Gareth-  well done for saying something to these idiots. Its not easy to go up to people you dont know and for want of a better description, tell them off for doing something wrong - especially when you're out to have fun, not police the crags! So  :bow: to you sir. And again to SteveM - both for standing up and doing something.

Reading this - and Calums replies quoted above and on the other channel some things stike me..  I dont think they (or he) is thick - just incredibly arrogant! To carry on blindly trying to defend what is pretty much indefensible leaves me agog! OK, we all make mistakes, or do some daft things - but to keep on trying to make out it was OK... good grief... 

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#101 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 08:24:27 pm
I wonder how many people will be out 'walking' at Millstone this weekend. All 'armed' with 'walking sticks'  ;)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#102 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 08:55:23 pm
Troll, if only.

Little I can say other than to say I am in agreement with the above.

I think we can safely say that their climbing activities will now be rather limited.  Not a bad thing.

Calum McLellan

#103 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 09:33:04 pm
My piss would have been boiling if I'd seen this first hand, I would have stripped their top rope belay and  fucking hounded them until they fucked off, I am a little amazed they were pretty much left top carry on despite there being some climbers about.  :shrug:
It may sound harsh but just saying something basically wasn't enough in my opinion.
I do wish I had done more now in retrospect, however at the time they stopped and the belayer Struan said to the other prat Calum, 'maybe we should stop'.  After I talked to them (and believe me I think I showed them my anger and serious I found their action) I scrambled up to the top of the crag to watch them and check they hadn't continued, they had stopped.

I then went up to Mother Cap and told a group 5 mates and 4 other blokes what had happened, they were pretty cheesed off but we presumed they had gone.  My regrets are not going back with a big group of people andchecking the damage.  Then again I only though to take photos at the last minute, I was so shocked that I wasn't really thinking straight.  I even tried to ring 4 different people from the top of the crag to let them know but couldn't get though.

What goes around comes around.... :(

Hi I would just like to say that I know both calum and struan and the other climber is NOT struan and is probable some other imperial climber.

Calum

Calum McLellan

#104 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 09:36:01 pm
His partner in crime.

Struan Chisholm - 18 - is a student at Cambridge, doing History. He's a survival expert and will supply the expedition with as much fish as he can catch in the canoe he built out of sticks. He climbs only in big boots, recently managing an E1 onsight solo (Monolith Slab) in the rain. He spent last summer living in a cave in the alps and climbing hard.

You have jumped to conclusions his partner in crime is not Struan and is probably some other imperial climber.

Calum

WaldoXerxes

#105 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 09:43:35 pm
When I first opened that thread I expected a unanimous consensus that doing this is completely wrong and there would be no arguement. Not quite the case it seems...

I also know Callum and all the others named on the Northern Frontier page, including Struan, and the belayer in the photos was not any of them. Given the lengths to which some posters seem to have gone to find out about Callum, I would suggest that it is irresponsible to name others involved, especially when it seems to be idle speculation with no evidence.

Sam

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#106 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 09:43:38 pm
Why don't you fuck off as well ?  :wank:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#107 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 09:44:31 pm

WaldoXerxes

#108 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 09:50:15 pm
Why don't you fuck off as well ?  :wank:
Was that aimed at us? Sorry for letting the small matter of facts get in the way of a lynch mob.

tomtom

• forum hero
#109 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 09:54:24 pm

Hi I would just like to say that I know both calum and struan and the other climber is NOT struan and is probable some other imperial climber.

Calum

So you're not Calum then. Unless you are refering to yourself in the third person... which would be unusual.

If thats the case I agree with Messers Sharley & Lincoln.  Go away troll...

Calum McLellan

#110 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 09:57:13 pm
I am not a troll i am: "Calum Mclellan - 18 - works in a lab making explosions in Swindon. In his spare time he's has done several hard winter new routes, including an onsight solo of a VI in the Ben Alder massif. McLellan does not fall off on trad and is generally wheeled out for route cruxes."

Wagner

• Feel my big love...
#111 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:03:38 pm
Rubbis! You R imposter!  i am: "Calum Mclellan - 18 - works in a lab making explosions in Swindon. In his spare time he's has done several hard winter new routes, including an onsight solo of a VI in the Ben Alder posse. McLellan does not fall off on trad and is generally wheeled out for route cruxes."

Calum McLellan

#112 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:07:55 pm
I dont need this I am just defending the innocent.  I dont care if you think i am an imposter but jus dont blame it on Struan. 

Wagner

• Feel my big love...
#113 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:10:44 pm
Pah! Struan got me voted offa Xfactor! Now I no can sniffy sniffy Danni chair..

Calum McLellan

#114 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:13:29 pm
This is struan and it is clear from the pic that it is not him. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000762261002 

For the super stalkers out their i am the one in the back of the picture whih ca be linked to the nortern frounters website and to th ciminal himself

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#115 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:18:31 pm
Assuming you are the Calum in question, I have to say you aren't really helping here.

WaldoXerxes knows you, but can't spell your name.  Good start.

If you want to enter an open discussion of dry tooling at Millstone, why don't you?

Duma

• forum hero
#116 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:29:54 pm
OK now assuming no troll? (big assumption, fair enough), not sure I'm comfortable with the way these two have been treated so far. Calum McL isn't the same Calum who's posts on here correspond to the activities of the idiot at millstone, Calum Nicoll, and he and WaldoXerxes seem to be correct in that Adam's post seems to have named the wrong person as the belayer. Given the understandably strong feelings on this issue, I'd be pretty hacked off someone named me as being involved without reasonable research, so it seems fair enough for them to come on here and point out it's the wrong guy.

Or have I missed something obvious?

Also well done to Gareth and SteveM for getting involved in what I'm sure was a pretty unpleasant situation.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#117 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:35:01 pm
String theory part deux, guess I picked the wrong day to mkae allusions to physics about wihich I know nffunk.

Does anyone remember by festive trolling comp on the other side?
Can anyone think of a web community we've upset . . . .  iv by iv?

I suspect Fex Wazner and the owl bothering Jackson mysen.

Now notwithstanding that these folk have scratched millstone up a bit I still fin it plausible that we're at the butt of a mighty fine piece of trolling and if we are; Sir I salute you.

WaldoXerxes

#118 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:42:14 pm
Assuming you are the Calum in question, I have to say you aren't really helping here.

If you want to enter an open discussion of dry tooling at Millstone, why don't you?

He isn't the Calum in question, is he? There is more than one Calum. I thought Calum Nicoll had two ls in his name, but turns out he doesn't. I don't think that is really relevant.

And also, how is this not helping? We are trying to clear the name of someone who's only crime is to be on the same website at the perpetrator. It's a shame that it needs to be done, but considering the level of stalking Calum Nicoll has received, it seems to be necessary. Perhaps you all need to calm down - everyone who's replied (except Duma) seems to be blinded by irrational hate over what seems to be (from a non-climber's perspective) some scratched rocks.

Sam

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#119 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:42:52 pm

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#120 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:44:36 pm

blinded by irrational hate over what seems to be (from a non-climber's perspective) some scratched rocks.

:wank:

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#121 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:45:15 pm
OK now assuming no troll? (big assumption, fair enough), not sure I'm comfortable with the way these two have been treated so far. Calum McL isn't the same Calum who's posts on here correspond to the activities of the idiot at millstone, Calum Nicoll, and he and WaldoXerxes seem to be correct in that Adam's post seems to have named the wrong person as the belayer. Given the understandably strong feelings on this issue, I'd be pretty hacked off someone named me as being involved without reasonable research, so it seems fair enough for them to come on here and point out it's the wrong guy.

Also well done to Gareth and SteveM for getting involved in what I'm sure was a pretty unpleasant situation.

:agree:
However, then this was posted:
It's a shame that it needs to be done, but considering the level of stalking Calum Nicoll has received, it seems to be necessary. Perhaps you all need to calm down - everyone who's replied (except Duma) seems to be blinded by irrational hate over what seems to be (from a non-climber's perspective) some scratched rocks.

Which makes you sound like a bit of a cock.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#122 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:50:23 pm
He isn't the Calum in question, is he? There is more than one Calum. I thought Calum Nicoll had two ls in his name, but turns out he doesn't. I don't think that is really relevant.

And also, how is this not helping? We are trying to clear the name of someone who's only crime is to be on the same website at the perpetrator. It's a shame that it needs to be done, but considering the level of stalking Calum Nicoll has received, it seems to be necessary. Perhaps you all need to calm down - everyone who's replied (except Duma) seems to be blinded by irrational hate over what seems to be (from a non-climber's perspective) some scratched rocks.

Sam

It's not helping by you fuckwits just shovelling the shit elsewhere without any attempt to use it as fertiliser.  You can't be arsed to clarify events and you wonder why people get annoyed.

You don't think it's relevant that you don't even know how to spell a friend's name?  You claimed to know him, didn't you?

"Some scratched rocks"?  That just smacks of ignorance.

You point your finger at me again, kid, and I'll snap it off.

Now, if anyone would care to make a definitive statement about who did it, and indeed who didn't, I'm fucking ears.

WaldoXerxes

#123 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:55:15 pm

:agree:
However, then this was posted:
It's a shame that it needs to be done, but considering the level of stalking Calum Nicoll has received, it seems to be necessary. Perhaps you all need to calm down - everyone who's replied (except Duma) seems to be blinded by irrational hate over what seems to be (from a non-climber's perspective) some scratched rocks.

Which makes you sound like a bit of a cock.

I don't climb. I've seen the pictures, and to be honest that is what it looks like - some scratched rocks. I don't deny that it shouldn't have happened, I'm simply saying that from my perspective (noting the first two replies basically said "fuck off", for trying to clear the innocent!) pretty much everyone seems to be overreacting.

I know Calum Nicoll, but I don't know him as well as Calum McLellan, and I don't often have to write his name! Perhaps I do smack of ignorance, but as I said I don't climb. I'm not trying to defend his actions, I'm just saying the response has been disproportionate - surely no-one can deny this is the case, at least to some extent.

WaldoXerxes

#124 Re: Axes out at Millstone?!?!?!
December 07, 2010, 10:58:45 pm

Sam

It's not helping by you fuckwits just shovelling the shit elsewhere without any attempt to use it as fertiliser.  You can't be arsed to clarify events and you wonder why people get annoyed.

You don't think it's relevant that you don't even know how to spell a friend's name?  You claimed to know him, didn't you?

"Some scratched rocks"?  That just smacks of ignorance.

You point your finger at me again, kid, and I'll snap it off.

Now, if anyone would care to make a definitive statement about who did it, and indeed who didn't, I'm fucking ears.

Definitive statement: Calum Nicoll did it. We don't know who the other guy is. Not any of the others on the Northern Frontiers site.
All of which has already been stated.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal