UKBouldering.com

Calling all builderers! (Read 5923 times)

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
Calling all builderers!
October 04, 2010, 10:49:38 am
woop woop!

Calling all builderers!

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=427753

And I bet it's nowt like Scunthorpe! :thumbsup:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Calling all builderers!
October 04, 2010, 10:58:48 am
I'm not sure which is worse, non sCUNThorpe buildering, or putting you e mail address online.

Eddies

• forum hero
#2 Re: Calling all builderers!
October 04, 2010, 12:02:39 pm
"enthusiastic climbers intrested in buildering"
A bit of a contradiction in terms!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3 Re: Calling all builderers!
October 04, 2010, 12:11:48 pm
I'm not sure which is worse, non sCUNThorpe buildering, or putting you e mail address online.

Theres a problem with putting your email address on-line?  Mine's all over the place due to being subscribed to several statistical and Linux mailing lists for a number of years that are handily archived in multiple places.  In fact millions of people have their email address's online because of this for bots to harvest.  Some solve this by having one account specifically for subscribing to mailing lists, others (myself included) just let gmail's spam filters deal with things.  I'm much more wary of putting my mobile number on line though  :devangel:

Davey_C

• regular
#4 Re: Calling all builderers!
November 09, 2010, 04:11:11 pm
Some solve this by having one account specifically for subscribing to mailing lists, others (myself included) just let gmail's spam filters deal with things.

One of my mates has a much better method, but it is slight overkill. He has his own domain and each time he signs up to a website he creates an email address based on the website, for example ukbouldering@mydomain.co.uk. Then if he ever gets any junk mail through he knows the source of it....a bit geeky I know, but he is a programmer.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: Calling all builderers!
November 09, 2010, 04:14:28 pm
He'll know from what site he registered at that a bot-net has harvested his email address from, but not the source of subsequent spam.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal