UKBouldering.com

Naughty, Naughty Cornish Sport-Route (Read 3580 times)

A Jooser

• menacing presence
Naughty, Naughty Cornish Sport-Route
May 07, 2010, 07:17:04 pm
]
[/ftp]

This video was added to YouTube a few weeks ago, it's footage of Mark Edwards on his sport-route Monster Munch (F8b+) at Carn Vellan, in 1993.

The original bolts were chopped shortly afterwards but these were replaced in 2002 and a BMC South West area meeting in 2005 voted in favour of the replacement bolts remaining. These are still in good nick and the route was pretty dry last weekend so I've got high hopes that someone with enough talent might get down there during the BMC's International Meet this week.

Has anyone else on this forum been on it? Stu Littlefair I bet you have! Come on, 'fess up, what did you think of it?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
 :o Mark Leach's footwork was better than that.

robertostallioni

• forum hero

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Cheers for posting, heard so much about the route, but never seen it. Lycra shorts and vectors. Fierce look.

A Jooser

• menacing presence
...Sadly the minutes of the meeting are no longer up on the BMC site...

The minutes can still be found in the hidden depths of the World Wide Web.
A quote from one well-known south west climber who was there – 'if the car load from Bristol had broken down the vote would have gone in favour of bolting' – says it all really.

I'd hoped someone would get on Monster Munch during the BMC International Meet but it wasn't to be. 'There's plenty of sport routes were I come from', was the understandable response from one of the guys who'd visited. Carn Vellan did see more than its fair share of action during the week though (see various reports online). It was fantastic that so many of the area's neglected hard routes had such fine ascents.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal