UKBouldering.com

Strictly come blow my head off now please (Read 28252 times)

rich d

• forum hero
Fucking hell, the wife is now ringing up her friends to moan about the choices on shat factor... Help me!

Bobling

• menacing presence
Taking the thread back to its roots:
http://www.funny-games.biz/zombocalypse.html

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Someone in Sheffield had enough of being forced to watch X-factor at the weekend...

rich d

• forum hero
Someone in Sheffield had enough of being forced to watch X-factor at the weekend...

I have an alibi

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
In some of the coverage about the 'changes' to BBC3 they mentioned 'The Voice' cost £22m.  :slap:
How much of that lines the pockets of the already multi-millionaire judges?
That's license fee payers money that could be funding more/the next Mighty Boosh.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Sad how they persevere with more series of expensive shit like than when the viewing figures from the first series were dire. Should have been axed. And fuck knows what happens to the "artists" who are unfortunate enought to win it. Kiss of death for a career, even more so than the X Factor.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Unfortunately the BBC is between a rock and another rock as they have to pander to the lowest common denominator for ratings to justify the licence fee and then get slagged off for producing mindless shite for morons (when that's what the majority want).

Overall I can definitely handle the rubbish (you don't have to watch it) for the sake of the quality stuff they produce (I'm happy to pay the licence fee for the radio alone).

This is scary though:

Especially when you consider that that wanker Mark Thompson was going to axe 6music which, if Obi's comment is right, costs about half as much as one shit TV programme.

(I realise they are 2012 figures but still)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
I don't watch a lot of t.v. but was enraged by Newsnight (the new editor is a complete fukwit) having the closure of BBC3 as the lead item last night, after all its not as if there's anything newsworthy going on right now is it?

Personally I can't see why BBC seeks to compete with the commercial sector, it would be better if it left the sort of shit that they seem to show to ITV and started doing soemthing distinctive with a genuine public service aspect to it, but that would be white, middle class and elitist wouldn't it.

Anyway, I'm working late delaing with a client complaint, so get your fingers on the punter points as there may be some vitriol later (and bad typing too)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
they have to pander to the lowest common denominator for ratings to justify the licence fee

But BBC3 had it's fair share of mindless shite too; two pints of lager?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal