UKBouldering.com

Sector Techo Albarracin- anyone got a topo or know the area well? (Read 5604 times)

dave k

• obsessive maniac
I climbed for a day in Albarracin last week. I had no topo so just wandered around until I found some chalk. Surprisingly difficult as loads of the rock is out of bounds and there is supposed to be no climbing on rock in view of the main paths.

In 6 hours I only came across 2 boulderers (it was mid week i guess). My Spanish is none existant at the moment, but I think I was at Sector Techo most of the day (they also had no guide book and were probably not local)- there was a massive roof covering what appeared to be a rainy day spot. There was a few huge dynos around the corner from this. I climbed mainly at a lovely little spot down the hill - I did most of the easier classic looking lines (well those that had chalk on) I happened across (i was certainly well impressed)

I will probably have to buy the E-bloc or was it S-bloc guide, but at £30 I might have to wait till nmy next visit.

Are there any other guides in the pipeline?

I have some photos which I will try to upload later.

Any info much appreciated

dave

I never came across a topo for techos - we just busked it based on stuff we'd seen in photos/videos. There are big roofs with slopey/nighmare topouts, some vertical warmupstype walls under huge roofs, and the first thing you pass on the way in is a steep leaving wall facing into the area, right arete is a good 7b/+ prow and theres a good 7b ramp/dyno thing in the middle, and some sitters on the left. The following problems are at techos if this is of any help orientate yourself:

7a at right side of the main hard roof:

thing under a dry-in-rain roof:

aforementioned 7b ramp/dyno thing (ignore this beta, slap with the left hand)

7b dyno roof

There's an area out the back of techos called psychokiller which also has some good roof shit:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Is getting rapped on the knuckles with a stick whilst climbing common there?

God pics.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Pitcairn

• player
God pics.

The important thing is they are god problems.  Truly great quality.  Overgraded by 1/2 to 1 grade but hey, whose counting.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
Check this out for some info.

dave k

• obsessive maniac
Cheers for the info- looks like I was at Sector Techo.

I have the bouldering guide on order off Santa and will be back in Spain in April.

The mini guide was useful. In terms of getting to the bouldering. But I found using the map pretty hard going. Plus the area I ended up at had no topo in that guide.

anon

You can check the online guide http://norop.es

They also show some other spots in Spain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal