UKBouldering.com

TV/iplayer must watches (Read 424655 times)

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
#475 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 01, 2015, 09:16:01 pm
and We Need To Talk About Kevin also currently on iPlayer.

mini

• forum abuser
  • A not so
#476 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 11, 2015, 08:14:45 am
If your into music, photography and iconic images, then this for you. A great portrait of Chalkie Davis, photographer for the NME from the early days. Watched it last night on a whim, and thoroughly enjoyed it. May have to have a trip to Cardiff to see the full exhibition...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05xd4yv/chalkie-davies-rock-photographer

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#477 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 23, 2015, 11:39:34 pm
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell - fantastical faery shenanigans given the  full BBC treatment (vaguely familiar faces in every role, lush production values).  But the most important aspect for all Northern lime nerds - repeated use of Gordale Scar (Yorkshire's very own Mordor).

Clart

• obsessive maniac
  • Safe as f*ck
#478 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 24, 2015, 12:08:00 am
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell - fantastical faery shenanigans given the  full BBC treatment (vaguely familiar faces in every role, lush production values).  But the most important aspect for all Northern lime nerds - repeated use of Gordale Scar (Yorkshire's very own Mordor).

Yup, second that, great series.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#479 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 24, 2015, 10:43:38 am
Quite enjoying 'Humans'. Quite nicely done so far, still has the potential to be shit if the stories don't develop well. The 'synths' look mostly just enough like synths to be believable if that makes sense. The 'nurse' is the weak one, if the NHS spent millions on synth's at least make them enjoyable to look at! Like the insurance company have done with the 'physio'.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#480 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 24, 2015, 10:50:04 am
Agree re Humans, so far it's a bit "sub Black Mirror", but there is plenty of room under that bar for it to turn out anything from pretty damn good, to crap.

hstmoore

• player
#481 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 25, 2015, 11:06:00 am
Humans is good so far - plenty of interesting philosophical threads.

They've already mentioned singularity, it would be fun if the conclusion was that we're all simulations living in a simulation a la Bostrom http://www.simulation-argument.com/computer.pdf

mark20

• junky
#482 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 27, 2015, 09:44:54 pm
Humans sounds good, will start catching up this week

Also noticed there's new episode of Insane Fight Club this week. Quite an amusing documentary about some guys in Scotland trying to start up a wrestling company. From kids' birthday parties in their mates garden to selling out a big arena in Glasgow

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
#483 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 30, 2015, 01:58:13 pm

Yup, second that, great series.

Agree with this, watched the finale last night, gripping stuff. Very faithful to the book too, which I read when it came out back in 2005. That's highly recommended also - full of really arch, Jane Austen-esque humour that is somewhat lost in the TV series.

Teaboy

• forum hero
#484 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 30, 2015, 02:05:49 pm
Anyone watch Odyssey on BBC2? I started watching last night and didn't really engage even though it looked like it *should* be good. I am expecting/hoping that's just because I was knackered.

chris20

• menacing presence
#485 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 30, 2015, 02:13:06 pm
Anyone watch Odyssey on BBC2? I started watching last night and didn't really engage even though it looked like it *should* be good. I am expecting/hoping that's just because I was knackered.

Same, I had a few things to do so turned it off after 20 mins as I assumed it would require full attention

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#486 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 30, 2015, 03:12:38 pm
Cordon on BBC4 started on Saturday and though I wasn't totally up for nearly 2 hours of subtitled Euro-drama I really enjoyed it.

Catch up here: [size=78%]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02tc919[/size]

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#487 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 30, 2015, 03:44:42 pm
True detective got of to a pretty good start last night I thought. Might be a bit grittier and slightly more conventional than last series if it continues like this though.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#488 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 30, 2015, 04:15:41 pm
I enjoyed the first episode in contrast to many of the critics who seemed massively disappointed, yes, it looked like it was going to be a conventional troubled cops and ambiguous baddies series unlike the occult/existential weirdness of S1 but last night's episode I thought really opened up some deeper storylines and interest in the characters.  Pizzolatto's too-good a writer to turn out an average screenplay. I think it's going to be great (especially after the ending last night  :o ).

On iPlayer there's an Arena special on Nic Roeg and his films from Sunday that looks really good.  Not watched it yet myself though but thought I'd mention it.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#489 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 03, 2015, 10:50:08 am
Chemical Brothers.  Glastonbury 2015 Set.

Stunning (as always).

:punk:   :punk:   :punk:   :punk: :punk:   :punk:   :punk:   :punk: :punk:

dr_botnik

• addict
  • Not actually a dr
#490 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 03, 2015, 04:11:45 pm
Kevin McCloud's Escape to the Wild, available on All 4 now (I think, might only be last episode about a couple from Wales who moved to Sweden to sled with huskies and it just looks fucking cool). Definitely worth watching if you've ever wanted to just ditch it in and go all off the grid.

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
#491 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 03, 2015, 10:34:32 pm
Agree Chemicals were brilliant, definitely want to see them in the flesh. Thought Jon Hopkins set was also really cool, been watching on repeat!

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
#492 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 04, 2015, 12:06:00 am
I enjoyed the first episode in contrast to many of the critics who seemed massively disappointed, yes, it looked like it was going to be a conventional troubled cops and ambiguous baddies series unlike the occult/existential weirdness of S1 but last night's episode I thought really opened up some deeper storylines and interest in the characters.  Pizzolatto's too-good a writer to turn out an average screenplay. I think it's going to be great (especially after the ending last night  :o ).

On iPlayer there's an Arena special on Nic Roeg and his films from Sunday that looks really good.  Not watched it yet myself though but thought I'd mention it.

I agree. True Detective is getting a critical hammering online but I've really enjoyed the first two episodes. It's different that the first series but I think thats good. I'm really looking forward to where it's going to end up.
The first series was really good but it was let down by a pretty crap ending which sometimes gets forgotten when people talk about.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#493 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 05, 2015, 06:39:43 pm
Chemical Brothers.  Glastonbury 2015 Set.

Stunning (as always).

:punk:   :punk:   :punk:   :punk: :punk:   :punk:   :punk:   :punk: :punk:

Oh the memories! I went to see them on the Surrender tour in 1999 in Birmingham, and they started the gig in exactly the same way. Goosebumps!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#494 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 06, 2015, 12:17:57 pm

I agree. True Detective is getting a critical hammering online but I've really enjoyed the first two episodes. It's different that the first series but I think thats good. I'm really looking forward to where it's going to end up.
The first series was really good but it was let down by a pretty crap ending which sometimes gets forgotten when people talk about.

:agree: Watched the first two episodes last night and thought it was excellent so far. Not seen any reviews other than on here so meh.....

Plattsy

• forum hero
#495 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 06, 2015, 12:48:59 pm
Enjoyed Mr Robot so far. Only a couple of episodes in and could end up being crap but it's been really interesting so far. A socially awkward cyber security employee by day and vigilante hacker by night is approached by a hacker group with plans for a big evil corporation too big to fail. Who just happen to be the main client of the aforementioned cyber security company.

rich d

• forum hero
#496 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 06, 2015, 08:35:25 pm
Just caught up on No Offence on Chanel 4. Disturbing, gritty, grownup and funny. A cop show set in the wrong side of the pennines, with a running theme of a serial killer murdering down syndrome girls. Was absolutely fantastic.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#497 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 30, 2015, 11:25:02 am
If you're missing the TDF already catch 'Slaying the Badger' on ITV Player in the next 5 days...
https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/slaying-the-badger/series-1/episode-1-slaying-the-badger
Brilliant story about LeMond v Hinault in the 1986 Tour and covers a lot of the politics/tactics of the teams.

cha1n

• forum hero
#498 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 30, 2015, 12:01:09 pm
Enjoyed Mr Robot so far. Only a couple of episodes in and could end up being crap but it's been really interesting so far. A socially awkward cyber security employee by day and vigilante hacker by night is approached by a hacker group with plans for a big evil corporation too big to fail. Who just happen to be the main client of the aforementioned cyber security company.

Watched the first episode of this last night. It seems alright, I'll give the second episode a try but I must admit their use of hacker buzzwords are a bit annoying at times. Their description of a rootkit was cringey and not very accurate and the attack on E Corps servers wasn't really inline with what I'd call a DDoS attack (I'm biased though as I dabbled with hacking as a youth, purely white hat of course).

On an unrelated note, I've really been trying with the second season of true detective but it's just not doing it for me yet. The first season was excellent imo.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#499 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
July 30, 2015, 02:00:08 pm
Did anyone see this last night?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05t7kc1/all-aboard-the-canal-trip

totally mesmerising.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal